Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breakfast Experiments page

Grim is offline Member

Breakfast Experiments

Primal Fuel
    Does anyone else experiment with breakfast? Volume, fat or protein content, etc?

I can't seem to get breakfast dialed in. For whatever reason coffee will keep me from eating until lunch, but a lot of times I get rather hungry.

This morning I tried a larger breakfast. 2 eggs and half a can of coconut milk, which I think ended up as about 500 calories, a heavy breakfast for me.

I feel like hell too, so I doubt I'll try that one again.

I would just like to know if anyone else goes through the same thing, and what your results have been.

Update:

Day 2: Tried many less calories, and feel better.

2 egg omelet with some spinach and mushrooms.

Nothing to drink, not even water. I feel much better, I did get hungry about 30 minutes ago. I drank some coffee as my first liquid of the day with tiny amount of coconut creamer (because it's delish), and that seemed to settle me down.

I'll update for day 3 as well, may try something different again.
    Last edited by Grim; 06-29-2011 at 07:51 AM.

SlimIcy is offline Senior Member
    Once I start eating, my body wants to keep eating. I've never been much of a breakfast person anyway, so with going primal it just makes more sense to skip it. I've quit coffee, so it's water or tea until noontime.

ikaika is offline Senior Member
    I think that much coconut milk at one time would make anyone* feel miserable, even me-- and I have coconut milk running through my veins
    What on earth motivated it? Why not try a bigger breakfast made out of foods?

*by ''anyone,'' I'm not calling out a challenge to inspire the "yuh-huh-i-do-it-all-the-time" people to come out
    Little Saiyan

belinda is offline Senior Member
    If I stick to 2 eggs and 2 or 3 slices of bacon (and a couple of cups of coffee) I'm good to go without feeling either hungry or bloated). If I vary from that, I either end up starving or stuffed.

155 lb woman for what it's worth.
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I don't have the time or the inclination to mess around with breakfast. With my job, I might not see a bathroom for 4 or 5 hours after I eat, so I stick with stuff that I know works (read "doesn't fight to get out at inconvenient times").
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Break? Fast? Huh?
    You mean lunch?
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Spinner is offline Senior Member
    I have been having baked eggs and they hold me till lunch quite nicely. I saute up some vegg in butter, put in an oven safe dish--pyrex dish, 4 inches across, probably 2-3 inches deep. Add a drizzle of cream, crack 3 eggs over, add a dap of butter and bake for 20 minutes at 350. Works well, I don't get hungry and like I said good to go till lunch time. The vegg of choice lately has been a bit of onion with spinach and broccoli.
    Every day is another stitch in the quilt of life.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Re-Start date 6/23/2011
    me--Post pregnancy --mama to a beautiful baby boy--
    273.4/269.3/115
    Hubby--230/227.8/165

Fairychilde is offline Senior Member
    I have experimented with many things and the only thing that works for me is a power shake. I use So Delicious coconut milk, fruit, chia seeds, and cod liver oil. Sometimes I add protein powder or greens..... I have tried many variations of eggs and breakfast meats and it all made me feel yucky that early so I stick with my drink.

JenCat is offline Senior Member
    I don't usually eat until after noon. But then I eat a big meal - usually a 4- or 5-egg omelet, sometimes with bacon, sometimes not. (I'm 130 lbs.) To me 2 eggs and some bacon would leave me hungry. I think, too, think that that much coconut milk would not be good, especially on an empty stomach. I'd try more protein, moderate fat.

joelwlcx is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    This morning, I ate 6 eggs, a few strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, a banana, an apple, and a cup of green tea. I like breakfast...

Ideally, I would only eat one big meal, usually breakfast, one small meal, and a snack or two. I don't have a routine, but I eat when I'm hungry. This morning, I wasn't particularly hungry, but I knew I was going to be without lunch, so I made. Big-ass breakfast anyways, to make up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast