Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Fat" Snacks? page

lexsi340 is offline Senior Member

"Fat" Snacks?

Shop Now
    So I've been doing this for quite awhile, and recently I threw in IF'ing (24 hour IF'ing happened sort of naturally) and love the results. The one thing that has been sabotaging me lately though, is that I end up breaking fasts in places where my only options - while primal, don't fill me up. Things like eggs, veggies, etc.
    Since I can't do butter, I end up not cooking with fat, and most places don't have any other fat choices. So I end up completely ravenous, and not wanting to devour an entire carton of someone else's eggs (that awkward moment...) , I end up indulging with nuts, dairy, sugar, which was something I haven't had a problem with in a long time.

I don't get full without a significant fat source - so what I'm wondering is if anyone has good, portable snacks I can keep with me just incase of "emergencies"!

Oh, and I can't do dairy or nuts

tarek is offline Senior Member
    Coconut milk with frozen fruit!

There are lots of paleo "baked goods" and raw food snacks that are coconut-based and easy to carry around. Generally, they'll consist of things like shredded coconut, coconut oil, honey, coconut flour, dates, banana, etc.

Laconophile is offline Senior Member
    Bacon.

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Pork rinds or cracklings!

tom05 is offline Member
    2 whisked eggs, 3 tbs coconut oil, 1-2 tbs 100% cacao, sweetner (optional). chuck in fridge, (or freezer if time is an issue) then devour. optional: add frozen berries, shredded coconut, macadamias. etc

yum!

StephanieShine is offline Junior Member
    Larabars! Kind of high in sugar, but some of the flavors without fruit might be okay for you.

kitoi is offline Senior Member
    I made coconut bars just for this issue.

1/2 cup coco oil
    1/2 cup coco butter
    1c shredded coconut
    salt (optional)

Heat on low till all is mixed thoroughly then pout into a wax pare lined loaf pan and cool in fridge. Once solid chop into 16 pieces, each chunk is approx 120cal and is great for putting a stop to hunger. Not sure how portable it would be as it would melt if kept in your pocket.

Another thing I do is a carry a small container of coconut butter with me, a tablespoon or two before eating does wonders at controlling your appetite.

lexsi340 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tarek View Post
    Coconut milk with frozen fruit!

There are lots of paleo "baked goods" and raw food snacks that are coconut-based and easy to carry around. Generally, they'll consist of things like shredded coconut, coconut oil, honey, coconut flour, dates, banana, etc.
    Unfortunately they are too carb-based for me! I don't full via paleo baked goods/fruit, but thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Laconophile View Post
    Bacon.
    Quote Originally Posted by kitoi View Post
    I made coconut bars just for this issue.

1/2 cup coco oil
    1/2 cup coco butter
    1c shredded coconut
    salt (optional)

Heat on low till all is mixed thoroughly then pout into a wax pare lined loaf pan and cool in fridge. Once solid chop into 16 pieces, each chunk is approx 120cal and is great for putting a stop to hunger. Not sure how portable it would be as it would melt if kept in your pocket.

Another thing I do is a carry a small container of coconut butter with me, a tablespoon or two before eating does wonders at controlling your appetite.
    I like that - I think this + bacon should get me through my IF's more successful. Thanks

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Try combining IF with the Shangri La diet idea of an oilshot. Great for appetite suppression, and no insulin response.

Visit sethroberts.net for more background.

I take a 2 tbsp shot of extra light (flavourless) olive oil most afternoons, within a two hour window of no other flavours. I have successfully lost weight doing this, as my other food intake is much reduced and I have no cravings for anything.

kitoi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marthat View Post
    Try combining IF with the Shangri La diet idea of an oilshot. Great for appetite suppression, and no insulin response.

Visit sethroberts.net for more background.

I take a 2 tbsp shot of extra light (flavourless) olive oil most afternoons, within a two hour window of no other flavours. I have successfully lost weight doing this, as my other food intake is much reduced and I have no cravings for anything.
    I did this with 1tbsp of coconut oil about 30hrs into my 48hr fast, made the last 18 a breeze.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast