Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Aren't Peanuts Primal page

srch1 is offline Member

Why Aren't Peanuts Primal

Shop Now
    I know aflotoxins and what-not, but Peanuts are whole, natural, etc.. And soooo good! Why are they shunned?

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Because they're legumes.
    If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive. --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

O_O
    O_O is offline Senior Member
    and high in omega 6

srch1 is offline Member
    really, a legume? Didn't know that. I'll have to check out the omega 6/3 levels.
    Thanks

O_O
    Cashews are a legume also but they're fine.

Lily Marie is offline Senior Member
    Ever try to eat a raw peanut? Not that tasty. They've also got a natural fungus that grows on them that's pretty bad for us.
    Cashews are covered in a skin that's got prickly hairs or oil(can't remember which) that is like poison ivy(they're related)

Neither of these legumes are meant to be eaten in any frequent quantity. I don't believe they are very healthy for our bodies if we were never meant to have them as part of our diet. Just my opinion

srch1 is offline Member
    Oh, I love cashews! Why are they better? Less Omega 6? My real reason for this line of questioning is that I can't find anything for breakfast. I'm allergic to dairy, eggs and fish and just can't stomach meat in the AM. I've been doing almond butter on rice cakes this week (I know rice cakes are not so primal either but only 6 grams of carbs) and craving peanut butter. Almond butter looks pretty bad according to the omega 6 char I just found online. Really getting annoyed at the breakfast thing!! Can I just eat cashews and coconut milk?

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Cashews taste insanely good, but watch your intake if you're still trying to lose weight. They're a little higher in carbs (30g/100g serving, versus 16g/100g for macademias and 20g/100g for almonds). Not a big deal, but I seriously can't stop with just a few.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

srch1 is offline Member
    Thanks for info and suggestions. I've done some chicken in AM but something about meat in the morning just kind of unappetizing. I was doing this recipe i took from someone's blog where I chopped up a ton of nuts and added almond milk and blueberries. But even if I switched to coconut milk I'm afraid I'm over-nutting!

O_O
    Cashews taste insanely good
    Absolutely! I buy them in very small quantity.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast