Thread: Kettlebell workout routines geared for fat loss? page

GrainsRLame is offline Junior Member

Kettlebell workout routines geared for fat loss?

Primal Fuel
    I've got a 35 lb kettlebell at home, but have never consistently incorporated it into a regular routine, so I'm looking for routine ideas. I have studied all the form videos quite a bit so I think I got my form down pretty well (except for TGUs, which I suck at). Now I need some full workout examples that I can start incorporating into my training regimen. My main goal is fat loss (got about 40 lbs to lose - i'm 6'1", 225 lbs and probably 20-23% BF).
    Last edited by GrainsRLame; 06-29-2011 at 11:50 AM.

Tom Dunphy is offline Member
    generally, i wouldn't recommend doing kettlebell workouts without at least an intro to bells from an RKC trainer.

here's a single kettlebell conditioning workout that we do at my gym. we call it "three minutes of madness!"

do each of the following movements for 30 seconds each. cycle from one movement to the next without stopping. once you've completed 30 seconds of each movement, rest for 1:30. complete six full circuits.

1. kettlebell swings (either one armed or two armed. for one arm, stay on one side for the entire 30 seconds. do the other side during the next circuit.)
    2. squat thrusts or burpees
    3. kettlebell snatches (make sure you have your form down on these. they're a slightly more advanced kettlebell movement. stay on one side for the entire 30 seconds. do the other side during the next circuit.)
    4. mountain climbers
    5. kettlebell cleans (stay on one side for the entire 30 seconds. do the other side during the next circuit.)
    6. kettlebell thrusters (either one armed or two armed. for one arm, stay on one side for the entire 30 seconds. do the other side during the next circuit.)

RezH is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Swing, swing, swing away. 200 swings a day and you will lose weight if your diet is good. In Enter the Kettlebell, the "Program Minimum" is 5 minutes of TGUs followed by 12 minutes of swings. Swing until your form breaks down, rest a bit, then repeat for 12 minutes.