Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone had a Fruit Addiction and Overcame it? page

Leida is offline Senior Member

Anyone had a Fruit Addiction and Overcame it?

Shop Now
    No matter how hard I try, I seem to end up with 3 or more servings of fruit a day. I just can't seem to stop at 1 cup of berries a day. I always seem to want an apple or a few slices of watermelon as well. I tried eating more cabbages and radishes and cucumbers, and I went on Anabolic Diet for a while (and ended up eating fruit by the bucket on the carb-up days), and I tried to eat quark or salted dry fish instead. But I still can't stay to 2 servings of fruit a day. I am at my wit's end as to what to do. My family adores fruit too. I tried adding vegetables on the fruit plate and sticking to that, but tough luck.... I need to start NOT WANTING fruit, because I can barely contain myself from picking fruit on the street or from a garbage can whenever I see it spilled or someone throwing away part of an apple or something. I am ashamed of those impulses, but they are there.

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    If you have a food addiction, the only real solution is to not eat the addictive food, full stop.
    In God we trust; all others must bring data. W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

otzi Guest
    I say just eat fruit. It's not THAT bad for you. In fact, pretty good for you. Be glad you don't have the same cravings and impulses for Big Macs and pop tarts. 3-4 servings of fruit a day is OK, in my opinion.

O_O
    O_O is offline Senior Member
    Restriction of fruit can be a problem for some. Have some fruit with each meal if you like just try to go for lower sugar fruits and or smaller portions. Weigh it out and don't eat it out of the package. Don't eat it while you are plating it. Sit at the table without distractions (TV/Internet) while you eat.

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    I can't see why eating plenty of fruit would be a negative. Most fruit is pretty healthy with good nutrients. Frequently eating watermelon is probably not that good due to the high fructose content, but eating a good variety of other fruits should be fine.

JPA
    JPA is offline Senior Member
    Wow, addicted to fruit... how unhealthy (rolls eyes).

You're doing fine... enjoy life, it's not like you're stuffing yourself with hamburgers.

canadianwoman is offline Senior Member
    I agree. Even when I was on Deal-A-Meal back in the day, 4 servings of fruit was my daily allowance on top of all the other daily allowances.

I say eat the fruit. There are worse things you could be addicted to.

Bostonbully is offline Senior Member
    I say eat the damn fruit. You could be eating about a million things worse then fruit. I love fruit and when ever I go to the supermarket I try to find an exotic one I have never tried before. Yesterday I bought some strange melon and a quince. Last week I had prickly pear cactus fruit.
    "Live Free or Die"

belinda is offline Senior Member
    I love fruit and I have a cup of berries every day. But recently (like the last week), I've been eating 2 or 3 additional servings of fruit daily but this morning I was up about a pound after being down every day for a couple of weeks..

Might not be correlated to extra fruit consumption, could be just because shark week approacheth, who knows! But I'm going to take it easy on the fruit for a couple of days just to see what happens.
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by belinda View Post
    But recently (like the last week), I've been eating 2 or 3 additional servings of fruit daily but this morning I was up about a pound after being down every day for a couple of weeks..
    That was my thought - it's only a problem if it causes problems. You could be up in weight because your body tends to hold on to water right before your period (it's a protective device so you don't go into shock when it starts) or it could be just too much sugar from the fruit. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Cut back on it a bit if you think that's what is happening.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast