Thread: #1 Thing I've Noticed Since Eliminating Grains page

JVAMan is offline Member

#1 Thing I've Noticed Since Eliminating Grains

Primal Fuel
    Appetite/hunger control. It makes a HUGE difference!

I no longer feel the need to munch on chips (which I did a lot of) or any other kind of grain-based snacks. Just keep a bag of nuts in my drawer & deli meat/veggies in the fridge and that keeps me filled up. Now I have just to work on eating MORE veggies.

otzi Guest
    You will find the cravings for all those snacks will go away. I used to be terrible about snacking on cookies, chips, nuts, cheese, lunch meat, you name it. After I got used to eating good, filling meals I no longer have the urge to snack on anything. I threw away some moldy lunchmeat the other day--that stuff never used to last a week! If you train yourself to only eat at meals, it goes a long way towards calorie reduction in the long run.

Laconophile is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    If you train yourself to only eat at meals, it goes a long way towards calorie reduction in the long run.
    Exactly. Snacking, even if its primal stuff like jerky, is one of the greatest enemies of fat loss. It's best to have set meal times and then consider the time between meals as a zero calorie fast.

O_O
    O_O is offline Senior Member
    I threw away some moldy lunchmeat the other day--that stuff never used to last a week!
    When I buy freshly cooked ham or bacon I wrap it in individual portions and freeze it. Thaws quick and no waste!

It's best to have set meal times and then consider the time between meals as a zero calorie fast.
    I use to have a habit of one to two snacks daily and have been working on just eating three meals daily. It was difficult at first but once I upped my calories at meals I haven't been hungry in between. I just had to get over the meals had to be <=400 calories.

Jen AlcesAlces is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JVAMan View Post
    Appetite/hunger control. It makes a HUGE difference!
    Yeah, it's amazing how in the past I could eat a sandwich on whole wheat bread at lunch with soup, then snack every hour or so on chips, candy, popcorn... and still be starving for dinner. Now, I eat meat & veg wrapped in lettuce for lunch, and I'm full for 4-5 hours. Less food, but keeps me full longer. (I tried explaining this to non-PB people, but they don't believe me!)

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    Since I started the leptin reset thing with 50g of protein at breakfast, it's been very easy to avoid snacking. I used to eat a smaller breakfast at 8:30 but I was hungry again by about 1. Since I'm not home from work until 8 or later in the evening, I would have a hard time making it until dinner. I would often have a snack around 6. Now I can make it through until 2:30 or 3 for lunch. That makes it easy to avoid the afternoon munchies.

sroelofs is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Same! Before PB I'd have to have morning tea because the hunger pains would be to harsh to ignore. After PB I only get mild hunger pains around meal times which are easily ignored if I need to.