Thread: Quick Question about VFF: Wash in warm water or cold water? page

Aly
    Aly is offline Senior Member

Quick Question about VFF: Wash in warm water or cold water?

Shop Now
    I've had my VFF KSO's for a couple of weeks and judging by the inside soles, it's time for a spin in the wash. Unfortunately, the ink inside has faded away in just a few weeks and the only thing I can distinguish is the word "WASH." Helpful, huh?

So can someone look inside their shoes (or the top of their head) and see if I should use warm or cold water? Any additional info if necessarily is helpful, too. (I don't want to shrink up my Vibrams!)

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Wash in cold water, air dry--I tend to put mine in a mesh bag and throw them in with a load of laundry. I sometimes do a pre-soak with oxy powder (again, in cold) as an anti-stink measure before washing.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

MightyAl is offline Senior Member
    What Owly said. I washed mine for the first time after a year of use. Yeah I know it is pretty gross. Washed in cold water and then air dryed and they came out fine.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Yep. I throw mine in the washer (I wash everything on cold), and set them on top of the dryer while it does it's thing with clothes. By the time laundry day is over, they're nearly dry enough to wear again.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    You wash your shoes?
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    VFFs get rank if you don't wash them. Alex, I'm guessing you either don't wear them or you have the nastiest smelling shoes ever.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Both.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Aly
    Aly is offline Senior Member
    They came out of the wash just fine and now they're air drying. Thanks for the help, guys!