Thread: Sledgehammer workouts page

astronmr20 is offline Senior Member

Sledgehammer workouts

Primal Fuel
    Bought an 8-lb sledge the other day.. done two of my WOW's with it so far. Went with an 8lb thinking it might be "light," but after 10 full-force strikes.. I'm pretty wasted. Really like it.. incorporating push-ups, hand-stand push-ups (using a tree for support), lunges, then back to swinging the 'hammer.

However, I could use some moves other than striking a piece of rubber. (I use it like chopping wood-- seems to get my abs nicely too). Tried swinging in a circle over-head but can't seem to get the form right.

I've seen some descriptions, but could use some video.

Anyone care to post their sequence? Are there soem good video examples?

IcarianVX is online now Senior Member
    I do most of the movements on here: Shovelglove 102 - Dynamic Motions
    After 2 months I have moved up from the 8lbs to a 20lbs sledge. It is a real ass-kicker, but it works very well and is a shitload of fun.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Timothy made this site about the shovelglove. He doesn't have video but he does have pictures and good descriptions.

Shovelglove Community College

astronmr20 is offline Senior Member
    I've seen the shovelglove site.. but some video examples sure would help!

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    An 8lbs hammer was heavy? I started with a 10lbs and that was easy! Oh and look up the highland games hammer toss. That is a pretty good exercise.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Barefoot Paul is offline Senior Member
    I throw mine too. I throw it as high as I can, walk over to it, and throw it again.

Tom Dunphy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    An 8lbs hammer was heavy? I started with a 10lbs and that was easy! Oh and look up the highland games hammer toss. That is a pretty good exercise.
    just wanted to say i don't think it's cool for you to cast aspersions because someone isn't as strong as you. that is not what this forum is about.

IcarianVX is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Dunphy View Post
    just wanted to say i don't think it's cool for you to cast aspersions because someone isn't as strong as you. that is not what this forum is about.
    Sometimes you gotta take Alex with a grain of salt. He means well and has good ideas/information. But it doesn't always shine through. LOL.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

hedgehog is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    There are videos on the shovelglove site here: Shovelglove Movements. There are also some on the forum, I believe. Happy sledging!