Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie here...and I feel weird... page

Brit is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

Hi everyone. I'm new to this Primal Style of eating and I must say, it's a little crazy. Being in the medical field, the food pyramid is totally flipped, but I understand the process.

Anyhow, I'm on day four. I have a weird headache and feel kind of tired. Is this all normal? This has probably been talked to a lot in previous threads, but to be honest, I'm feeling a little carb deprived and am a little short. My apologies...

When will this pass? When will I feel "good" like everyone else is saying?

Any endearing words of encouragment would be nice...lol...

Brit

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

It varies for everyone... some people have "low-Carb flu" for a couple weeks... I didn't have it at all.

If you are really feeling carb deprived and feel like you NEED some to concentrate, have an apple or some zucchini or something... just avoid the grains still.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Acmebike is offline Member

Keep on keeping on! You'll snap around in a week. Similar "blahs" are felt with a drop in carbs, you can google up "Atkins Induction Flu" to read up some. The Primal Blueprint really doesn't call for induction level carb restriction, depending on your goals, you could be hitting 150g of carbs a day, so that certainly is not Atkins Induction levels!

But skipping grains, sugars, other quick hit processed foods, could also cause a bit of withdrawal! Keep with it, you will OWN this stuff. Have you read the book?

Welcome to the Primal world!

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Welcome! Yes, it's normal. Most people get over it in a week or two. Some take longer. For me, it was about six weeks -- GAK! -- and that was without cheating, which slows the process! When it finally went away, though, I really did feel fantastic. Still do.

Your body needs time to adjust to getting its energy from fat instead of the "quick-and-dirty" way (carbs).

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Brit is offline Junior Member

Wow, that was fast! Thanks so much for your input, I'm sure I'll be asking for more "Veteran" advice!

Right now, I'm trying to stay between 50-100g of carbs for the weight loss. I had half an apple this morning as it took about 20 minutes longer for me to get ready...like my mind was wondereing...lol...

Hopefully this won't last 6 weeks! "GAK" is right!

erstad17 is offline Junior Member

Hang in there, it took a week for my headaches to go away and it's been great since then. The weirdness for me was telling people I didn't eat grains. I got all kings of weird looks and comments of how it's "not healthy". It's funny how I'm not the one getting sick while everyone else around me is!

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member

I took me about 10 days for the sugar withdrawl to pass... also it felt like I was "missing something" when I ate... wierd but it does pass.

ega2081 Guest

It took me about a day.....when I felt it come on I ate a half a banana and some all natural peanut butter...try that

maba is offline Senior Member

Brit, what you are going through is perfectly normal. You are having carb-withdrawal symptoms and it will go away. But stick to the Primal way of eating and you'll see the sypmtoms disappear. For some people, it last for just a couple of days, for some a few weeks and others a couple of months. Good luck!

darienx19 is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

It took me about 2 weeks. The trick for me was that whenever I felt light headed or had a craving, I had to eat something fatty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast