Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: new shoes page

Ricky H. is offline Junior Member

new shoes

I am in the market for some minimilist shoes and would appreciate advice on best options? I have tried VFF but don't like getting the toes in. Could someone help recommend some options without separate toe spaces that would be similar?

eelnus is offline Senior Member

Danigrok is offline Senior Member
    I love my Luna sandals and merrell has a minimalist shoe that alot of people like..
    ~Danielle~

Orannhawk is offline Senior Member
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

daveyace is offline Member
    i like the look of the vivo barefoot haven't tried the personally so can't really comment on them but them seem ok to me

denbro01 is offline Senior Member
    Merrell Trail Glove is my everyday shoe. I use my VFF for hikes and playing in the woods and streams.

mac79 is offline Junior Member
    Hi - after recently breaking my fifth metatarsal I decided 'barefoot' was the way to go as much as possible. I do have vff kso which I love, but not always practical. I splurged on vivo AND merrells. I have vivo neo - love the kind of old school look of the neo but being white they have got a bit grubby. I'm going to use a toothbrush to clean when I get a mo. They look nice with jeans but most importantly a good feel underfoot. I wore then on a very long walking day in the city and considering I am post injury I felt good. Haven't run in them. The merrells I use with jeans as well but also in the gym. I squat, deadlift and am starting to barefoot run in them. I have slowly built up my time running for both the barefoot technique and also injury reasons. I like 'em. No need to strip to socks to lift - I feel grounded and running is really good! Some days I wear an old pair of Nike frees and to be honest I like this little selection of shoes. Personally I would try them on if you can. Vivo are kinda more relaxed and merrells are a little more fitted across the bridge. Both feel nice under foot. But at the moment can't comment on running outdoors - not brave enough quite yet. The ones I have have very different styles so sometimes it literally comes down to my mood. Hope this wittering from across the pond helps!
    Mac79

Kyle46N is offline Senior Member
    Merrell Trail Gloves. I like them better than the VFF. Hopefully Merrell keeps making them.

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    I have the trail gloves... love em

Mike in Virginia is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've been contemplating buying some water buffalo sandals, which I totally loved back in my hippie days. And I have recoiled from vibram shoes because of what you said...every toe into a separate compartment? I don't think so. Of course, the sandals are not suited to sprinting, but for day-to-day wear, I've never experienced anything nearly as comfortable.
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast