Thread: The Bacon wrapped, sausage stuffed peppercini's flew off the plate AGAIN page

Karma is offline Senior Member

The Bacon wrapped, sausage stuffed peppercini's flew off the plate AGAIN

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Clear winner proves it's staying power for the 1, 000 time. Last night I had a team party and it was 50+ triathletes in my backyard. I did up about 40 of the chili poppers and they never had a chance to cool. This time I used mild Italian sausage and it was very yummy.

Steps:

1- Slice open one side of a peppercini. Under cold water, use your fingers and to clean it out and remove seeds.

2- Stuff the pepper with raw sausage of your choice, until it will just close up again.

3- using the back of a flat bladed knife, pressing lightly while pulling ever so lightly, stretch a piece of bacon so it gets wider and about 1.5 X longer than normal.

4- Cut the stretched bacon in half.

5- wrap each pepper with a half piece of bacon and immediatly feed it onto a METAL skewer, holding the bacon in place.

6- BBQ on medium heat, flipping a few times, until bacon is just beginning to crisp up (10-12 minutes).

7- Before you remove them from the skewers, stab each one with a wooden toothpick so the bacon stays on when you slide it off the metal skewer.

8- Stand back, because your guests are going to run you over to get to them!

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

Dave

Nanzi is offline Senior Member
    This might be good for jalapenos too. My son did Japapenos with cream cheese stuffing, and bacon wrapped with raw Jalapenos and on the grill. Yum!

Lily Marie is offline Senior Member
    That sounds good

It's fresh peppers, not the ones in the jar, right?
    I don't know that I've seen fresh pepperoncinis around here. I may have to use jalapenos.

Karma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Marie View Post
    That sounds good

It's fresh peppers, not the ones in the jar, right?
    I don't know that I've seen fresh pepperoncinis around here. I may have to use jalapenos.
    Nope, I use the ones in the jar.

Lily Marie is offline Senior Member
    Yay!
    Totally going to try this one.

angie00708 is offline Junior Member
    This works with chicken pieces too. I cut boneless, skinless chicken breasts into small chunks and put them into the peppers, wrap them in bacon and just bake them in the oven. Heaven on a plate!

pjgh is offline Senior Member
    Sounds great! I had an experiment with some small peppers filled with creme fraiche - the cream boiled and poured out, leaving the pepper too undercooked. Proper cooking with meat filling is right! I'll follow your idea.