Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Journey of Katemary page 5

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Oh...mine are lower front teeth too. They don't show when I smile so maybe I will leave it and just take better care!

Thursday - really sick, stayed home in bed.

Got up and had some oats. I know not primal! But nauseous yet hungry so by 3 pm had porridge. Dinner bacon and eggs on lettuce leaves. Two cups tea with splash of milk.

Friday - really should have stayed home but work was crazy so lucky I went in. Large black coffee x 2 to try get energy, grilled salmon with steamed vegies for lunch, tried to have cutlets for dinner but just couldn't get them down, feeling like crap so had a bottle of red to make me nice and woozy with cold meds...it worked - got a great sleep!

Sat - feeling better. Bacon and eggs on lettuce for lunch, strong flat white (felt like the milk), for dinner I made honey soy chicken drumsticks in the slowcooker, with lettuce, tomato, cucmber and spanish onion for contrast. The meat was falling off bone, just dont know if I like chicken skin that isn't crunchy. Ummm, because I cancelled all plans for weekend due to sickness, I decided to get DVDs and...ummm...bottle of red. Good sleep again though!

Resolutions after a week off to rest and naturopath and other input. Staying at a health retreat so it's been 4 days of detox, no coffee, no alcohol, healthy organic food (tho red meat instead of legumes would have been nice), lymphatic drainage massages and other pampering, loads of fresh air, tons of sleep.

Various input is that i have an inflamed, probably fatty liver. Rather than focussing on calories, weight loss etc, my goal is to resolve this.

I have read here a few threads about choline and will no longer feel bad about having eggs every day for breakfast.

Back to primal, no days that become weeks of cheating (because I will "start tomorrow")

I will read more about red meat and liver. I cant sort out if it's CW crap about avoiding red meat to detox liver. The fact organ meat is a good source of choline suggests not.

I am going to go back to yoga once a week for guided body weight exercise. I will also recommence sprints and body weight exercises.

I need to get more air and sun. Rather than setting myself high goals of walking every morning or every night, I am going to think about it from a daylight, air perspective. I will walk a gorgeous walk near me in the morning once a week, and I will leave work at a sane hour once a week to walk home and enjoy the light...and reflect.

I think that is achievable.

I will go as long as possible without drinking coffee again, doubly so for alcohol.

And I cannot ignore the work stress. Once every six weeks I am taking a long weekend and getting away.

Last night here so I thought I should record my resolutions before I get back and slip into old routine...

Some of my thoughts after a week away from work madness and reflection.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I was wondering how you were doing. Glad to see you back!

Thanks honeybuns!

Ok, so week of good organic fresh food, only a few deviations as set food...small amount of rice, gluten free bed

Then yesterday got back and reflected on week and had best intentions.

Lemon with warm water with my billion liver supplements for breakfast

Meant to get eggs for breakfast but too busy

Chicken and roast veg ...asked for mostly greens... for lunch

Dinner prawn and avocado with lettuce and lemon juice. Felt yuck halfway....and ate a mini cheesecake 1 serve in fridge! What is wrong with me? After such a "good" week...argh

Should I be happy I am mostly good and still no coffee no alcohol?

I am reading the 4 Hour body....I think I used his "cheat day once a week" RULE, as an excuse. I am sure he doesn't mean that for people who can't lose weight for fucked up livers. Or people who are all or nothing..

Sigh...
    Last edited by katemary; 09-12-2011 at 04:42 AM. Reason: fix autoword thingy thanks to ipad

S: 8 hours...yay

B: nothing. At a lengthy work meeting, there were trays of savoury croissants and pastries and coffee, and I ignored it all. + 1

L: lamb skewers with tiny bit mint yoghurt, a crunchy fresh coleslaw sans mayo, bits of pumpkin

D: home late so take away veal with creamy ham and mushroom sauce with veg. Kiwi for dessert.

I need to throw away the individual key lime pie in my fridge (see cheesecake yesterday)...I knew I was going to be healthy when I went away and return to primal when I returned,so I had some naughties before I went away...need to throw away the left overs!

Didnt eat the key lime pie yesterday + 1

Proud of myself - still alcohol and coffee free, that is 10 days.

S: 7 hrs interrupted

L: grilled barramundi with rocket and parmesan salad and few potatoes

D: steak, roast pumpkin and onion, boiled beetroot

okay...so here I ate the key lime pie wt choc cheesecake :-( -1

but I am happy for sticking to the plan mostly and not going completely off the rails when I have cheated. Plus, I am going to clean out my kitchen this week - I wouldnt even think of it if it wasn't sitting in there teasing me.

S: 7 hrs
    B: peppermint tea...still caffeine free
    L: work lunch at pub. I couldnt believe there was no meat and veg option. I got chicken schnitizel and fries with aoili, tried to sneakily scrape off the crumbing and ate few fries...

had tooth ripped out at 4.30...finally (was too sick when it was booked in August). It had an abcess underneath (I knew that, it would manifest into abcess on overlying gum occasionally and kill till it grew big enough to pop), I could see a congealed bit sticking to root of teeth when it was removed - dentist said it was longstanding and my body will be happy to be rid of the constant battle.

so dinner had to be soft and not hot, so had oats with water no milk. not great, but aberrant occasion

still a bit hungry. dreading the anaesthetic wearing off...

my research about red meat and healing liver inflammation is driving me crazy. what is CW, what is real? I want to detox liver, but I struggle to adhere to primal so really need my beef and lamb!

trying VLC

S: 6 hrs
    B: scrambled eggs
    L: grilled salmon. no greens
    D: 4 lamb cutlets, with bit of asparagus and brocollini

PrimalCon New York
    S: 5h
    B: bacon, tomato, 1 egg
    L: chicken breast, small amount salad and canned salmon
    D: about 150g steak