Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Journey of Katemary page 3

girlarchitect is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hi katemary!

Quote Originally Posted by katemary View Post
    That's interesting - I would love it if I didn't have to go through that again. I was wondering what people did pre-dentist - the fact we are advised to go yearly for plaque removal in itself implies no matter how good your dental hygiene, you will get plaque that needs to be removed yearly.

I also found it interesting I have been told to stop using toothpaste all week - yesterday he removed as much plaque as possible but he said the inflammed gums need to settle and then he can remove more next week. He implied the lack of tootpaste would assist reduce inflammation. I have to say the soft brushing with warm water feels great...or that may just be the absence of plaque!
    I had problems with inflamed gums in grad school and had to have my teeth scraped under the gum line and it was pretty awful so I feel for you. Interesting that he is recommending no toothpaste - that was not the practice when I did it but things change. Can you use a mouthwash to disinfect at least?

Quote Originally Posted by katemary View Post
    E: does pretty athletic and energetic sex count? lol
    Absolutely!
    My primal journal that I don't update enough:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33293.html

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Hi girlarchitect!

Yes, it's pretty awful...if it was bad close to the gumline this week and I am scared for next week subgum endeavours! No, no mouthwash or toothpaste. That speak volumes about the inflammatory contents in my mind. Glad I am growing fresh mint!

(and yay re sex!)

oh dear. definitely chew on some mint and parsley.

haha

S: 6.5 hrs
    B: 2 poached eggs, about 2 rashers bacon, 1/2 grilled tomato, black coffee large
    L: rotissarie chicken breast and roast veg which was tossed in something spicy and some peas
    camomille tea
    D: steak and roast onion, beetroot, pumpkin and asparagus

E: you wouldn't belive how cold and rainy it is...need to pull my finger out and start bodyweight exercises but just rugged up...i know I should...

Katemary,

I wish we could send you some of our heat. Today's heat index is 106F with it expected to hit 111F tomorrow. We would be happy to share.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Thought about this when we were camping.

Remember these four things.

Positive mental attitude.
    Believe in yourself.
    Like who you are.
    Never say quit.

Hi katemary! I'm just beginning this journaling thing so I thought I would say "hey" to some of my new neighbors. From reading your journal it looks like we are about in the boat weight-wise. I'll be skulking around to see how you're doing and to get some inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by girlarchitect View Post
    Katemary,

I wish we could send you some of our heat. Today's heat index is 106F with it expected to hit 111F tomorrow. We would be happy to share.
    Do let me share. Please! Just wait a couple of months and I will be whinging about the heat and humidity! I prefer the cold (esp when body is not beach-ready!) but just makes it hard to get motivated to exercise...esp when its pouring outside...

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post

Remember these four things.

Positive mental attitude.
    Believe in yourself.
    Like who you are.
    Never say quit.
    I struggle with all those to be honest. and to try tell myself mantras just loudens the negative voice which follows with 'yeah right'! BUT I'll try! Its good advice, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LitheGrokkette View Post
    Hi katemary! I'm just beginning this journaling thing so I thought I would say "hey" to some of my new neighbors. From reading your journal it looks like we are about in the boat weight-wise. I'll be skulking around to see how you're doing and to get some inspiration.
    Hi LitheGrokette! Nice to meet you. Happy to share our journeys.

Love the support guys, thanks.

S: 6 1/2
    B: 2 poached eggs, spinach and sauteed mushrooms
    2 x black coffees - both large
    L: lamb (maybe had some form of barely there gravy on it), small amt freshly made tabouli and small amt pumpkin, rocket and fetta salad
    D: I made a new dish!! Based on a pasta dish a friend made last week but modified without pasta.
    Sweated garlic and chopped onion, add can diced tomatoes, add can tuna, heat and reduce then at last minute frozen peas and fresh parsley from my herb garden. Yum! Very satisfying when it is pissing down and freezing outside. Quite rich, so might need to find a 'base' for it next time or use less sauce.
    1 strawberry.

E - mmmmmm. anyway day 4 primal, I won't beat myself up ...
    Last edited by katemary; 07-21-2011 at 04:27 AM. Reason: confirm dinner was cooked, not raw!

Your dinner sounds like one I make using chicken breast instead of tuna. YUM is right!

Support is here for you.

I read an article one time in a woman's magazine about what men find sexy in women. Surprisingly, the men they polled all said the same thing. Self confidence! Since I read that article I did start to believe in myself more, like who I was and be more confident (not BECAUSE of the article). Started getting so much more attention and getting looked at more often than before. When you are happy with who you are it shows in the way you walk, the vibes you send out.........DH thinks it is great because we get so much more help at Home Depot these days!

As far as exercise goes, don't fret about it yet. First get comfortable with this way of eating then add the exercise in. One step at a time!

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast