Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Journey of Katemary page 13

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I hope I don't sound negative! I only tend to document the things that derail me, so I can watch patterns, but it isn't because I focus on the negative. Yeah, but work is pretty stressful, but I love what I do and I find it interesting and challenging, so even that is not all bad. I do fantasise about a stressless life where I own a second hand book shop with a cafe and big couches you can sit and read in. Pity bookshops are dying!

I have the ingredients to try a good curry tomorrow. Now looking forward to some friends coming over for a movie night. aaaahhhh, bless Fridays...

ok so movie night and was goin to crash

but then found Land of Living Dead ...zombies!...on, more red wine

now 315 am, exorcist 2, dont know if I have lost perspective, but suspect more red won't help

is this the shit one? as in shit sequel? I otherwise know my horror movies but too winified to remember
    Last edited by katemary; 06-22-2012 at 10:17 AM.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    How funny!! Not to you, I am sure. I remember scaring the crap out of myself one night reading Amityville Horror. Why do we do this to ourselves?

Scoot over and pass the bottle!!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Ha! I can't even remember this.
    Happy to have a vino with you anytime honeybuns!

I love my horror movies. AH is scary though. I read a wholebunch of stuff about how true it was and the murders in thehouse before the haunting for some reason a few years ago, having watched the movie as a kid and having vague recall how scary it was, so after all that internet research I ordered the book with that mindset. When it came I was up all night reading it and I was soooo scared. I swear, if there was a strange noise or odd thing like a picture suddenly falling or something shifting in
    cupboards (which can happen) I would have died of fright. The remake was awesome. Ryan Reynolds was good and particularly buff, mmmmm. Thankfully, we have pics of that in the other thread!

Dang! While I think a book can tell a story much better than a movie can because of subtle nuances that the written word can convey, I sure miss out on the eye candy that way!

Mmm, the eye candy

But I agree and prefer a book than a movie. Movies don't do thoughts so well. I can't read a book if I have seen the movie.

Horror it mostly doesn't matter, howver Stephen King is an exception. Shawshank, The Green Mile, great characters, even his more horror/ less dramatic arc stories have great characters.

I am going to a zombie thingo in Melbourne in November. Get dressed up as zombies for a vido game. How cool! It is not particularly grown up, but, I comfort myself that some friends of same age who are actually dads are superexcited, and...how cool.

Have you read Eyes of the Dragon by Stephen King? Love that book!

Since when do you need to be totally grown up? The happiest people are those who never lost their inner child!

Very true. Life is serious enough.

I have EVERY SK book!

OK so new financial resolutions...snort! any excuse to defer and start again...sigh

B: large black coffee
    L: grilled salmon and steamed veg (ignored the carrot and beans)
    D: lamb cutlets, most of avocado and brocollini

slept really really badly, that makes about 3 hours last two nights.

B: large black coffee, 2 poached eggs and baby spinach leaves
    L: barbeque chicken but only a little bit of skin baked veg, ignoring the potato
    D: stuffed up tuna cakes. No coriander so used basil, the sweet potato was some red variety that was white inside and gross and none of it mashed well, so I have parsley, basil, red onion, tuna and crappy sweet potato fry up. With avocado.
    blueberries, cream and shredded coconut, mmmm.

amberlee is offline Senior Member
    No offence -- your dinner sounds gross!! Glad you qualified it as a "stuff up", lol.

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast