Thread: Weight loss due to sickness or PB? page

ega2081 Guest

I have just recently started the transition to the primal lifestyle. (3 weeks into it) I was sick with a touch a cold and stomach bug this week.

I went back to the gym today and noticed that I lost 7 pounds over the course of one week???? I am wondering if this is a result of being sick or the rapid decrease in my carb. intake or a little of both?

I don't need to be losing any weight at all. In fact I wanted to gain some. Hopefully it was just being sick...

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

Ega glycogen traps water, so depleting your glycogen stores while in a low carb diet will make you lose water weight quickly after some days. It's normal.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

hakman73 Guest

AFAIK 1g of carbs binds about 4g of water.

I've noticed rapid weight loss many times after doing few days on higher carbs and then dropping down to my usual low-carb levels - usually it takes 2-3 days for the weight to come down again.

The total weight loss due to water may be 1-3 pounds easily. So for you it might be 3 lb of water + 4 lb of fat.

ega2081 Guest

Should I be replenishing my glycogen stores during the week at all? Also how does this affect taking creatine?