Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MDA and new life here I come! page

mrparkin is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

Hey everyone!!!

I am new to the site and PB lifestyle. I stumbled upon it about 4 days ago and it sucked me in. It was exactly what I was looking for in my life. I went out and grabbed the book after locating it at a 'Barns and Noble' about 2 1/2 hrs away from my local B&N. I could have ordered it online and waited for its arrival but that is not the type of person I am...lol. Think of all that valuable reading time that would have passed. I am very impressed by the great people (at least what they appear to be) on MDA. I look forward to talking with all of you and learning from your insight to this lifestyle. I have read the book twice and have committed to starting today. I took the 'Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread' and introduced myself to all of you:

Your location:SLC, UT

Age (If you want):24

How Primal are you: Just started, So in the context of this community I would say ZERO. But I learned a while ago to fake it till you make it, so, I will say that I am "primal" seeing how its in my bloodline

Do you consume dairy: Yes, and most likely will always

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, I plan to stop drinking in the near future. It's a bit further down on my list of improvements I am making towards my diet.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Obviously it is to improve my health and quality of life. I also am the carb only eater that is what Mark calls "skinny fat", I desperately want to change my body composition to an all around athletic build.

Favorite exercise: I would have to say Wake Boarding, I hope to soon expand that to many other activities.

Favorite Primal food: "kahh" a Cambodian soup like dish containing beef and hard boiled eggs.

Best part about being Primal: We will have to see.

Worst part about being Primal: I guess its changing my current habits, but the knowledge the book gave me should be sufficient enough to start achieving my goals.

I need to know if I should start the physical side of PB or if I need to give my body a couple weeks to get used to the diet before I start? Currently I have the 'Slow Pace' down (lucky for me about 20 hrs of that at work) but have not 'Lifted Heavy Things' in a while.

maba is offline Senior Member

Welcome aboard mrparkin!

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

Welcome, mrparkin...great things are in store for you

:-D

Sharonll is offline Senior Member

Hello, mrparkin. Congratulations on finding MDA and making a committment to change. It's a bit scary at first, but you're going to love it.

BTW, I love soup, and tried to find a recipe for the Cambodian soup. I came upon some spelled "kha" but not your spelling. The ones I found seem a lot like Thai soup. Do you have a recipe? Please?

Sorry for the delay in my response. I never measure when I make it so I had to get out the ol'measuring spoons and make it. Here is how I make kahh, or kha.

1 tbls oil (any high heat oil)

4-5 gloves of garlic

1 tbls fish sauce

3 tbls soy sauce

3 tbls honey

1/4 lb of beef or pork

4 cups water

3+ shelled hard boiled eggs (as many as you want)

I crank up the heat (medium high) in a pot and add the oil and garlic, as the garlic almost start to get to dark I add the fish sauce and then the meat. I sear the meat really dark maybe 5-7 minutes. I add the water, soy sauce and honey and eggs and leave on low for at least 2 hours. I prefer 5+ hrs. The meat will get really soft and the flavor gets into all the egg white. Just so you know fish sauce has a strong smell that throws off first timers.

Thank you for the recipe, mrparkin. That sounds delicious, and unlike any of the other soups I make, even the Thai ones. And I love fish sauce. But, honestly, I can't put honey into a soup, however good it sounds. What to do? Hmmmm. What can I add for that traditional sweet hint, but that doesn't add to the sugar content? A beet? What would that taste like? A couple of carrots? I am working very hard to minimize, no, eliminate sugar from my diet. I'll try some adaptations.

Maybe coconut? Thinking about it some more. But, that would be more like Thai. What's the difference, adding a beet, or adding honey? Confused again. :-)

Sharonll, Must say I'm impressed with eliminating honey. Dare I say that you have everything else primal down. Try it without any sweetners before you go and adding random stuff. I have had it that way but prefer the sweeter version....If you feel it needs sweet add some veggies that would do the trick.

PrimalK is offline Junior Member

Welcome! You sound like me - waiting for the book to be delivered = waste of time, haha!

You asked a question about when to start exercising primally - I would just say, try it out and see how you feel. If the dietary changes make you feel a bit 'off' then wait a bit - everyone is different. If you are already moving around, then it's not as if you're doing nothing. And as for wakeboarding - fantastic!

I was doing primal exercise until a few weeks ago when I injured my back and at one point could barely walk. However, I still managed to live primally every other way and I am positive that this WOE I now follow really helped me along with a speedy recovery - I'm back to the gym after 6 weeks, which I am really happy about.

Let us know how you get on - and welcome once again!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

mrparkin, I think you're right that I should try the soup first without any sweetener. I'm boiling the eggs right now! I'll let you know, but I'm sure I'll love your soup.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast