Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MDA and new life here I come! page 2

Sharonll is offline Senior Member

The soup is now simmering on the stove. Mrparkin, if you see this, please give me any additional tips, such as whether there are traditional herbs that are served with the soup. Also, I noticed there's no pepper in the recipe. I'm sticking as closely as possible to your instructions, wanting to experience this soup for the first time exactly how you make it. I cut the beef into 1" chunks, as I wasn't sure whether you meant for me to put the meat in whole. I browned the chunks thoroughly and then also added a T-bone steak bone from last night. Otherwise, it's just as you described. Here's a photo of the soup. You can clearly see the tip of the bone in the pot. It's very interesting, putting hard boiled eggs into a soup pot! It smells delicious in my house right now.

mrparkin is offline Junior Member

I am very impressed!!! It looks just like mine when I make it. Did you like it? I think this is the most basic and delicious soups. As far as the beef goes...the less time you have to let it simmer the smaller you need the beef. I usually start in before work and leave a whole beef roast (one big piece of meat...mmmm....) in a slow cooker all day. If I'm short on time 1inX1in is what I do. I'll keep spying on my in-laws and find some other primal flavoring and keep you posted.

PS Did you use real soy sauce? (by real I mean an asian brand?)If not I would like to let you and everyone else know its about 10times stronger so you get alot more flavor and can use alot less!

Hi, mrparkin, and thanks for checking in. After about 4 hours of simmering (I was IFing today) I finally had some. OMG, it was delicious! I was a bit worried because the garlic was very browned by the time I added some liquid, but that toasted garlic taste permeated the broth and made it very flavorful. The beef was so tender, almost unbelievable. The eggs are amazing! I am so definitely trying other ways of adding hard boiled eggs to flavorful broths now that my mind has expanded to the opportunities there are.

As far as the soy sauce, I just used the Kikkoman brand I had in the pantry. I work next door to a huge Asian market (Uwajimaya's) and I'm a bit awed at the selection of soy sauce. I tried to find a brand without wheat the other day, with no success. Honestly, there are at least 100 different brands on the shelf. Can you recommend a good one?

g2baker is offline Member

Hi mrparkin, welcome and boy that looks like a good bowl of soup!

lbd
    lbd is offline Junior Member

LaChoy soy sauce has no wheat (but check the label as things do change). I usually buy tamari soy sauce and it seems wheat-free is much easier to find in tamari sauces.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Thanks, Ibd, I'll take a look on Monday.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12