Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Fruity Notion page

Aly
    Aly is offline Senior Member

A Fruity Notion

Primal Fuel
    So it seems the PB community has frowned upon all non-berry fruits for their high-sugar content and natural rarity, and following the PB, I have, too, removed non-berry fruits from my diet. I understand why we only consume these things in moderation, but yesterday, I had somewhat of an epiphany. Late summer to early spring, Grok probably only rarely enjoyed a juicy fruit on his daily gatherings, but come spring and early summer, wouldn't fruit be easily accessible? If not a daily source of food?

You would think that if our diets were to be just like Grok's, we would up our intake of fruit about once a year for a few months. So where am I wrong in this idea? Am I wrong?

gojirama is offline Senior Member
    Eat local fruit seasonally. I certainly don't frown on fruit, BTW. I love it.
    I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
    Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
    "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I usually have an apple sometime during the day.

shrugs
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

ProtoAlex is offline Senior Member
    There are many different schools of the paleo realm that view the evolutionary aspects of the diet to be a mere starting point to base observations on. If we used to eat nothing but meat in ancient times but we have a large number of well formulated studies that show that eating meat in any sizable quantities is bad for humans then who really cares about what grok ate? How we should eat is much more important than how we used to eat.

As for your epiphany it definitely has some good truth to it for regions where seasons are not so pronounced. Denise Minger over at Raw Food SOS: Troubleshooting on the Raw Food Diet recently talked a bit about the seasonal availability and fructose contents of fruit on the African continent. In the tropical regions it's easy to have various fruits that ripen year round providing easy access to high fructose items on a constant basis. If all aspects of evolution worked out perfectly you would expect people of African decent to show a greater adaptation to fructose consumption than those humans coming from the temperate regions yet they experience markedly higher rates of diseases associated with fructose consumption.
    "You can demonstrate the purpose and limits of human digestion with a simple experiment: eat a steak with some whole corn kernels, and see what comes out the other end. It won’t be the steak."
    -J.Stanton

DFH
    DFH is offline Senior Member
    Paleo people were not trying to undo damage from years of eating garbage.

Humans evolved to eat a lot of things, because a lot of things were available and it wasn't exactly the same all the time. At this point we have to use what we know and make our best choices. Fruit is just not a good choice. There is no way around it.

gojirama is offline Senior Member
    I don't think it's as cut and dried as that. I've been eating real foods since I was 20 (I'm 38), I've been overweight but never obese, and I've never had any blood sugar issues. I'm at a healthy weight now and while there may be days I don't eat fruit or snack at all, If I want some I eat it. I feel great when I do.
    I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
    Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
    "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Fruit tastes good. It grows on plants. I eat it.

That's my 2 cents.

aireals is offline Member
    I think fruit can be easily brought into the primal diet in moderation. You obviously shouldnt make all your meals completely of fruit but it makes for a great snack. The insulin response you will undergo from a little fruit should be easily counter balanced if you are keeping up with your low level aerobics and such. They also offer a colorful array of antioxidants and nutrients.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    fruit is good so i eat it

denbro01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    Fruit tastes good. It grows on plants. I eat it.

That's my 2 cents.
    I like your 2 cents!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast