Thread: Coconut Latte page

NeoPaleo is offline Junior Member

Shop Now

Oh wow!! I JUST discovered something amazing w/ coffee.

I have one of those stove-top espresso makers (like this) and since I can't steam milk, have one of those milk frothing wands (like this).

Well, I've tried in the past to make coffee with just coconut milk added, but I don't like it - it's TOO coconutty, and just not quite sweet enough.

Also, that frother does an okay job, but the foam it makes with milk is never quite like steamed milk foam.

So today, I used about 2:1 ratio of milk to coconut-milk and added just a pinch of sugar (about half what I would normally use). And WOW, it came out SO GOOD. Very nice flavor and very fluffy foam that lasted lasted a long time.

I know, I know! Coffee isn't very primal. And the added sugar definitely isn't. But it's a once-in-awhile thing. And it's winter. :P

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

Yum!!!

Neo, would you make me a cup, please? I'm dyin' here...

SeanBissell is offline Junior Member

OK that's it, I need some coffee now!

Iceskater is offline Junior Member

Yummy, thanks! I do miss the winter days lounging with my eggnogg lattes..this is a geat substitute.

nina_70 Guest

Thank goodness I already had my expresso w/ heavy cream before reading this, otherwise it might have triggered a coffee attack

Sometimes I get a yen for "frothy" stuff so will definitely try this!

g2baker is offline Member

I make this every morning. I only use 1/3 cup coconut milk and 1 cup water. I'm wanting to make primal egg nog so I can have an egg nog latte. That sounds good.

NeoPaleo is offline Junior Member

Oooooo... the egg nog latte idea sounds REALLY good too!!

dfast is offline Member

Sounds really nice - I will give it a try!

I've been missing hot chocolate so have taken to making my own every morning. 200ml organic coffee, 200ml coconut milk and around 25g of grated 100% cacao, heated in a pan until steaming. Add more chocolate if desired and sugar if you need it (I prefer it without). It's SO good. If I'm feeling super indulgent, I'll just use coconut milk and double the amount of chocolate.

Iceskater is offline Junior Member

dfast, that sounds great. however, ive tried adding coconut milk to my coffee and it simply will not mix (only clumps). Ive resorted to using heavy cream instead. I guess it depends on the type of coconut milk?

dfast is offline Member

Well, I use coffee from my machine - not sure if it would work with instant! So the coffee is already hot, which gets the cacao melting, and then I add the coconut milk and mix it all up.

*Edit*: Unless you mean you add the milk after the coffee has brewed, in which case it is very odd that it clumps!