Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How can I look like Mark Sisson? page

linuxguy0481 is offline Member

How can I look like Mark Sisson?

Shop Now
    I own both The Primal Blueprint and Primal Eating: Quick and Easy Meals cookbook. With that set aside I am inquiring to know what does Mark Sisson do, to look like that?

Just looking for a solid workout routine program that I can do from home. When I can afford it probably a month or two from now plan on joining a local Crosfit Gym. By the way I am a full time student and go to work full time. So when I do join a gym I will be busy to say the least.

Right now I own a door frame pull up bar specifically the Iron Gym Xtreme pull up bar, a 20 pound Kettlebell and a 35 pound Kettlebell, jump rope that is pretty much it. Is that enough?

I am pretty serious about this so hopefully someone here can help me out. Mark can chime in too that would be great.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Not putting down Crossfit, but you don't have to join it to get buffed out. Overworking yourself won't get you there.

Do fairly strict Primal eating.
    Get plenty of rest. That's when your muscles recover and grow.
    Do sprints.
    Vary your resistance work based on Mark's guides.
    Stay active.
    Oh, and get a genetically gifted body. That's the hardest part. I don't mean to be flippant. You may not turn out just like Mark. But you will be in great shape.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by linuxguy0481 View Post
    I own both The Primal Blueprint and Primal Eating: Quick and Easy Meals cookbook. With that set aside I am inquiring to know what does Mark Sisson do, to look like that?
    Proper diet...

Just looking for a solid workout routine program that I can do from home. When I can afford it probably a month or two from now plan on joining a local Crosfit Gym. By the way I am a full time student and go to work full time. So when I do join a gym I will be busy to say the least.
    All Muscle, No Iron

http://www.board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12

Right now I own a door frame pull up bar specifically the Iron Gym Xtreme pull up bar, a 20 pound Kettlebell and a 35 pound Kettlebell, jump rope that is pretty much it. Is that enough?

I am pretty serious about this so hopefully someone here can help me out. Mark can chime in too that would be great.
    Jumping rope is good if you can work your way up to to 120/sec. If your intensity is high enough, you don't have to workout very long or very often.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    If you can blast the jumping hard enough, that can be the sprints. Anything that makes your tongue hang out can be sprints.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Conner P. is offline Senior Member
    Primal blueprint fitness is good for at home.

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member
    The best way to look like Mark Sisson is to have had the same parents as him. Other than that, if you follow the PB diet and exercise plan (or any reasonable diet and exercise plan for that matter), you can look like a leaner, healthier version of YOU. But you probably still won't look all that much like Mark - I certainly don't!
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

gordo is offline Senior Member
    +1 on the choice of parents. Then join a swim team at say age nine and swim competitively for maybe ten years. Mark looks just like most of the competitive swimmers I swam with.

Note: I did this. If I were to do it again, I'd skip the swimming and do something that built stronger bones and trained natural movements instead. On the plus side, I now look like Mark from the neck down and still have most of my ligaments intact ...

Gordo

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    heavy weights. bodyweight exercises only do so much, size-wise

Primal Fist is offline Senior Member
    Buy a wig of flowing hair, and one of those facial alteration things from the MI films.

Otherwise, yeah, strict primal diet, probably IFing, heavy compound barbell exercises.

MikeEnRegalia is offline Senior Member
    Mark is extremely lean. Not everybody has it in their genes to be like that. I'm 100% with Mark when he says that you can reprogram your genes, but within a certain range. If you're a person who is or was at one point morbidly obese (I once had a BMI of 36 without being particularly muscular), it may not be possible for you to ever become as lean as Mark. But, like Al also said, you can become a healthier and certainly leaner version of YOU - and that's what the Primal Blueprint is all about.

As for how to work out: I strongly recommend against CrossFit. If the stuff they're doing there is what you want to become good at - by all means go for it. But if you just want to improve your health and fitness, there are easier, much safer and even much less expensive ways to get there. Watch the video js290 posted, and also watch the follow-up video by Drew Baye. And if you don't want to join a gym, go to Al's website and choose bodyweight exercises, and make them very intense, brief and not so frequent workouts - that's all there is to it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast