Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Primal Chaos: Mike Gager's Primal Journal page 7

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel

here is the power cage i built to do squats and bench press without a spotter. cost me about $40 to build
    Primal Chaos
    37yo 6'5"
    6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
    current 338lbs 49" waist
    goal 240lbs 35" waist

got some big ass tires to play with. bottom one is about 400lbs top one about 300lbs
    Primal Chaos
    37yo 6'5"
    current 338lbs 49" waist
    goal 240lbs 35" waist

so for about 2 months i was stuck at the same weight no matter what i tried. i then decided that maybe just maybe it was the small amount of almonds and cashews i was eating that was causing the problem. i stopped eating them about 3 weeks ago and so far in that time i have lost 14 lbs. pretty big change i think. i also havent even really TRIED to lose that weight in that time, as for all intents and purposes ive been really bad on my diet. i think its time for me to really concentrate on my diet and get this ball rolling. i have 100 lbs left to lose, id love to see it gone before next june (my 1 year primal anniversary). thats basically 3.5 lbs a week id need to lose

ive been doing a lot of hiking lately, i got my wife to go with me and she enjoys it as well. its funny though because shes gotten out of shape in the last year or so and sometimes struggles on hills and climbs where im not bothered at all. a couple years ago it would have been the complete opposite, she was the one in shape and i would have been struggling. at any rate im really glad shes going with me. i even had her thinking about doing simplefit with me but since shes pregnant shes not supposed to do any really hard exercise so that probably wont happen

speaking of simplefit, im on level 4 now. i havent updated this in a while but i am still doing it. i did level 4 for the first time last week, did day 3 in just over 6 minutes so not too bad. going to do another round starting tonight and see what happens.
    Primal Chaos
    37yo 6'5"
    current 338lbs 49" waist
    goal 240lbs 35" waist

goin2befit is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey Mike~

Gosh, you could have been my lost long brother! Thanks for the exercising tips. I'm just staring Primal again and said let me take it easy and get the cravings under control before stepping out and killing myself. I know exactly what you mean by being tall, yet you don't really feel it and you don't really feel so big. I understand 100%. I look at other women who are 5'8" and think, gosh they are TALL... I guess when you are about as round as you are tall, it collapses the appearance!

I also did Atkins and I do great on it. I have lost 99 pounds, 80 pounds and so many different 30-40 pounds in between. In fact, I just looked back at the Atkins forum and realized in March 2010 I was at 336... If I had just stayed there! Can't cry over split milk.

Well, congrats on the wife being pregnant... It sounds like you have a hard time agreeing on what is a "healthy lifestyle" but she may enjoy this video... CrossFit Workout at 7 Months Pregnant - YouTube... I even find it inspiring!!!!

Best of luck and thanks again for sharing.
    ~Amanda

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567