Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Chaos: Mike Gager's Primal Journal page 2

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    a quick update, down another 4 lbs this morning for a total of 19 lbs lost so far since last monday (11 days) only another 131 lbs to go!

today is the start of week 3 for me. this past weekend we had family over to celebrate my wife's grandmother's 80th birthday. it was quite a big party with something going on everyday of the 3 day weekend. lots and lots of food. I managed to stay 100% primal (well 99% if you wanna count some ketchup i used on my burger) my wife didnt fare so well though. she completely went off her diet with pie, cake, mexican food, pasta, and who knows what else. kind of disappointing but i figured it would happen. hopefully she can get back on track this week

i dont have any no weight loss to mention but i did find that i have lost 3 inches around my waist. its the only measurement i have been tracking. i started at 60 and it read 57 this morning so im happy about that
    Primal Chaos
    37yo 6'5"
    6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
    current 338lbs 49" waist
    goal 240lbs 35" waist

does anyone even read these things?

anyways today i started at a leptin reset. nothing really changing for me except no more between meal snacks.

also my mother in law brought me about 15 lbs of grass fed ground beef. i have to say i was a bit disppointed in it. it is very lean, hardly any fat at all. maybe its the way it was ground or something im not sure. is grass fed beef supposed to be so dry?
    Primal Chaos
    37yo 6'5"
    current 338lbs 49" waist
    goal 240lbs 35" waist

i see a lot of people who seem to dislike or disregard the idea of Grok when it comes to paleo/primal eating. They seem to view this WOE as some new age alternative of healthy eating with all kinds of specific scientific data to back their ideals. i guess thats fine and all but what is really wrong with just getting back to the basics and simply doing exactly what Grok would have done? do i really care that my transgyceridex # 3 hormone is combobulating with my intercordex cisterol index everytime i put a little ranch dressing on my salad? seriously?

just get back to basics people. Eat lots of plants and animals. nothing fancy there really. If you are trying to lose weight dont eat a lot of fruit. if you are just trying to maintain weight or stay healthy id say some fruit is ok. confused about whether something is primal/paleo? well was it around 10,000 years ago? if you cant answer that for sure it probably wasnt. it doesnt have to be as complicated as some people make it out to be

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Love your journal. Yes, I just spent a bit of my work day reading it.

Meatza is an amazing thing. I need to make some this weekend so when the family wants the real deal, I can just nuke myself some meatza and all is well with the world. I've at least taught myself that when we order pizza, I just eat everything above the crust and leave the crust to the dogs and/or spouse. My family doesn't really follow how I eat much at all. My 10 yo daughter is the only one seemingly interested. I'm waiting to see how my leptin reset goes and maybe I can the rest on board.

My husband is 6' 265 and is like you, short legs long torso. Makes buying clothes hell.
    Georgette

hey thanks! glad somebody is reading it

yes meatza is great im planning on making some more this weekend. last time i found the crust to be a little thick so i was going to try to make it more like real pizza where the outside rim of the crust is a bit thicker then the rest. i think that will keep the toppings from coming off too easily as well.

when i did the low carb thing back a long time ago i did just what you mentioned, just ate the toppings. it works good because you get the pizza taste but it does seem pretty wasteful (money wise) maybe a trip to one of those all you can eat pizza places would fill the bill. they would probably get mad though if you just ate the toppings lol

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Gager View Post
    yes meatza is great im planning on making some more this weekend. last time i found the crust to be a little thick so i was going to try to make it more like real pizza where the outside rim of the crust is a bit thicker then the rest. i think that will keep the toppings from coming off too easily as well.

when i did the low carb thing back a long time ago i did just what you mentioned, just ate the toppings. it works good because you get the pizza taste but it does seem pretty wasteful (money wise) maybe a trip to one of those all you can eat pizza places would fill the bill. they would probably get mad though if you just ate the toppings lol

I may try making the edges a bit thicker as well.

I'd say if you pay for it, they should be glad you're eating it!
    Georgette

today i measured my waist and i am down another 1.5 on my waist for a total of 4.5 inches.

i bought a new scale recently and on it my weight has been pretty much the same yet my old scale says i have lost weight. thinking about taking the new one back lol
    Primal Chaos
    37yo 6'5"
    current 338lbs 49" waist
    goal 240lbs 35" waist

3 weeks in now and i am down 22 lbs and 5.25" from my waist
    Primal Chaos
    37yo 6'5"
    current 338lbs 49" waist
    goal 240lbs 35" waist

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Way to go, Mike! Doesn't it feel great to have progress?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast