Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas Cookies page

g2baker is offline Member

Shop Now

Anyone have a list of good primal Christmas cookies?

maba is offline Senior Member

Check out Elana's Pantry - lots of gluten-free recipes. Just sub the agave nectar w/ some Primal sweetener.

www.elanaspantry.com/

g2baker is offline Member

Thanks maba, so a wet sweetener replacement like honey. But don't use stevia to sub, right? Do you know what maple flakes are? I've never seen it before. Is this something I could find at Whole Foods?

maba is offline Senior Member

Gigi, I haven't tried any of her recipes yet, so don't know for sure. lil_earthmomma can help, she bakes with maple syrup and honey. I guess stevia can be used too but the liquid-solid ratio conversion must be taken into account. I didn't know what maple flakes looked like until yesterday when I saw them in the baking aisle of my co-op. It looked like dehydrated maple syrup, am not entirely sure though. I would imagine that it's available at WF.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

There's also z-sweet erythritol. It works well for baking. It's granular like sugar.

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

Coconut Macaroons. Just whip up some egg whites, add a bit of sweetener (or not) and fold in coconut flakes. Bake for about 7-9 minutes. Super easy and delicious.

FairyRae2 Guest

I've done a lot of modifications on elana's pantry recipes, and have found that adding in mashed pumpkin or sweet potato in place of some of the liquid sweetner, then using some stevia as well (w/ maybe 1/4 of the liquid sweetner--I use honey) has worked for me...It's kind of a trial and error process though.

http://healthyindulgences.blogspot.com/ is another awesome blog for some primal friendly dessert recipes--modifications can also be made, and she often uses stevia and erythritol.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member

I'm planning on doing a christmas baking series starting next week on my blog!!!

I bake with honey and maple syrup, and I'm almost always able to cut down the amount considerably!

The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

FairyRae2 Guest

Ooo--would you share a link to your blog lil_earthmomma???

NeoPaleo is offline Junior Member

To everyone that bakes some Christmas cookies, be sure to send me some, I can help you determine if they taste good - I'm quite good at it.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast