Thread: Christmas Cookies page 5

maba is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

Christmas Log:

http://www.livable-lowcarb.com/Log.aspx

Cookies:

http://www.livable-lowcarb.com/Cookies.aspx

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

I was making some chocolate covered macadamia nuts the other day and had a bunch of leftover broken nuts. I was using 100% chocolate sweetened with stevia extract and mixed with coconut oil. So I dumped the rest of the broken nuts in the bowl and also added quite a bit of chopped walnuts. I then spread it on a pen, let it cool and broke into little clusters. YUM, YUM, YUM!!!

Choco, what stevia extract do you use? Do you recommend any specific brand? I tried the dried stevia leaves at the co-op and it had the wierdest after-taste.

maba, I use Stevita brand. It's very concentrated and doesn't really have a bitter aftertaste. So far I've put it in my coffee, yogur, baking goods and those chocolate clusters, and I couldn't taste anything other than sweeteness.

Thanks! Will look for it. I was trying to avoid using Stevia because I have such a sweet tooth and thought using it wd make me go back to my sugar-binge days. But next week's DH birthday and I might bake something primal using Stevia.

I find that stevia is the safest sweetener when it comes to sugar binges. It doesn't give me insuling spikes and has zero carbs.

I do always crave sugar after eating a piece of dark chocolate, which I assume, has regular sugar.

FairyRae2 Guest

I'm making some chocolate covered fruit for a party this weekend using cocoa powder, coconut oil and stevia. I should do some nut clusters too--sound yummy!!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345