Thread: Dear Mark... Magnesium? page

urpeite is offline Junior Member

Dear Mark... Magnesium?

Primal Fuel
    Dear Mark,
    I've been reading a lot lately about magnesium, and how most people are deficient. It seems Mg deficiency can lead to anything from depression and poor sleep, to muscle cramps, to osteoporosis and arthritis among others. There are certainly some wild and conflicting claims out there, but some of them seem to have merit. What's your take on the theory that grok used to bathe in mg rich waters (which we've now "softened") and eat veggies from mineral rich soil (which has now been depleted due to farming practice).
    Any chance for a "definitive guide to magnesium?" ..... fingers crossed!
    Peace
    -Pete
    Providence RI

belinda is offline Senior Member
    I'd be interested in that too. I've been having issues with foot and calf cramps and restless leg syndrome that goes away when I take magnesium.
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I've also taken to magnesium supplementation. Made my sore legs better overnight.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I'm taking a Magnesium supplement to try and fend off the migraines. I forgot 2 days in a row and got a migraine, but I'm still not sure if it was that or a drop in the barometric pressure. Or stress over a crappy job. Or...

Yup, a Magnesium primer would be great!
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Dia
    Dia is offline Junior Member
    I had to reply to this even thought the last post was June. I once had serious migraines & TMJ problems. I saw Dr. after Dr. finally after a 2 week long massive headache, my DH took me to the clinic to see if there was something that could be done to limit the pain. I figured I would get another prescription, and he would send me on my way. After putting the migraines together with the TMJ and massive diet coke addition that I had (6-8 cans a day!) he was firm that I had a magnesium deficiency. I thought he was a quack, but I was desperate. So we bought the magnesium, I popped 4 and i could feel the headache melting away about 40 minutes in.

I now take the supplements prior to going to bed, and I no longer need to sleep with a mouth guard or suffer from TMJ at all. I hunted out high primal foods rich in magnesium and stock piled my cupboard. When I do get a migraine, I treat it with magnesium. If someone had to of told me 20 years ago that I could cure my migraines with a vitamin, I wouldn't have believed.

This changed my life, not because i was able to be free from TMJ and migraines( I mean that certainly helped), but because it really opened my mind. CW could not help me. I had a cabinet filled with (you name the pain killer, I had it) everything. I am amazed at how many of my friends have similar problems and wont look to their diet for the reasons. So often we blame stress (I am not saying stress isn't a killer, it is), environment, age, genes when maybe the some of the solution could be sitting on the ends of our forks.

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Dr Jack Kruse had a really good blog post on Mg last week, you should check it out. I started taking 400 Mg MG nightly last week, but didn't notice a difference, so I upped the dose to 800 mg and now I can def say I have a more restful and deep sleep. I also take it for my leaky gut.