Thread: The healing... how do you know page

quelsen is offline Senior Member

The healing... how do you know

Primal Fuel
    I have heard it said many times that the body heals when you eat primally. what are the signs and how do you know when it stops.
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    Well, you probably won't know when the healing stops, but chances are a few days later your friends and loved ones will gather and say nice things about you that you wouldn't have credited had you heard it while alive.

Sorry. That's just my cheeky way of saying I don't understand the second half of your question.

As to the first half, I can only speak for myself, but I dropped two pants sizes, was no longer hungry and/or tired all the time, had more energy (I could literally bounce out of bed after only 3-4 hours of sleep when I had to - ready for the day), and watched my blood sugar numbers dwindle quickly into normal ranges for the first time in five years.

It pretty much only stops if I significantly roll off the wagon (like for several days, not just an impromptu birthday-party carb refeed).

peril is offline Senior Member
    Have a look at the unexpected surprises thread. How many of those have you noticed? The other thing is that there are always refinements of the lifestyle to try if you want to. Your experimentation can go on for a few years. I started this a couple of years ago for health reasons. Initially I was taking lots of supplements and eating a conventional low carb diet (ie mostly meat and veggies). More recently, I've been focussing on a whole foods diet ala Deep Nutrition and taking far fewer supplements (down to Zn, Mg and VitD).

But the truth is I have no way of knowing, without expensive, hard to obtain tests, if I'm having a positive affect on my artherosclerosis. I believe it can be healed but I have no objective measure of its extent. Doesn't matter, I'll just continue living like this - it's easy and I feel good
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

DFH
    DFH is offline Senior Member
    I think many people on here could make a list of problems that went away.

Mine includes-
    Chronic sinusitis -gone
    Sore joints in the morning -gone
    Leg cramps - gone

and blood tests are excellent, HDL high, LDL low, CRP very low, insulin way down, blood pressure excellent

I guess i tend to see my only symptom as the extra baggage i carry. I was always healthy which was freaking annoying since i was so damned fat. i have seen tons of benefits from my 150 lbs loss and Unconquerable Dave tells me just to accept that I am a buy man.

Some days though all i really care about is the next 10 pounds, like a junky. and could care less about the 15 situps i just did or the 30 second plank or the sprint.

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

Quote Originally Posted by brahnamin View Post
    Well, you probably won't know when the healing stops, but chances are a few days later your friends and loved ones will gather and say nice things about you that you wouldn't have credited had you heard it while alive.
    Giggle

that is funny as i am the guy who cannot remember anyone i went to school with or worked with yet time and again they call me out at the mall or other places and ask me how i have been as if we were best friends or something. it is rather embarrassing. I suspect if i intended to have a funeral people might actually show up. who knew

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    If I live long enough I'll probably do a living funeral. Then if they're going to tell pretty lies they'll have to do it to my face.