Thread: Stir Fry page

leoneaj33 is offline Junior Member

Stir Fry

Primal Fuel
    Ok. So I'm very new to the PB lifestyle and I went out to a Vietnamese restaurant today for lunch and had their stir fry (broccoli, carrots, peas and chicken) but I'm not sure what kind of sauce they use or what's typically in it. I know the place is very picky about their veggies and meat. Anyone know what is normally in that kind of sauce or does it vary? Did I screw up? (It was wonderful though)

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Count it as part of your 20% and leave it at that. Condiments, for most people, are a non-issue as long as it's not something you do every day.
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

pyro13g is offline Senior Member
    The oil used to make your stir fry would have been the worst part of the meal in my eyes.

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    That's why I tend to stay away from fried things in Asian restaurants; I stick to soups, for the most part. This is one of the reasons why I prefer Mexican food these days - at least, ones who still cook with lard

leoneaj33 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the info. Is it vegetable oil that's bad? I'm trying to cook with virgin olive oil and butter when I make stuff - these ok? I'm only about halfway through the pb and still have a lot to learn.

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    I tend to not cook with OO; but I cook with butter. I've yet to find good coconut oil.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    As Belinda said, don't sweat it.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

ozbuckley is offline Senior Member
    yeah, as the others have said the vege oil was probably thw worst.

the sauce was probably made up of stuffff like fish sauce, oyster sauce, soy sauce, etc. i was tring to find a sugar free fish sauce yesterday at some asian markets and couldnt find any/ im going to a highly recommended asian supermarket tomorrow so hopefully they have it.

so be pretty sure you had sugar in there too. ...not sure about vietnamese but thai food has seperate sugar (palm sugar usually) added to the cooking too.

but the thai ate lots of coconut so that helped their guts no end.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    If you go to that Vietnamese restaurant regularly find out what oil they use and what's in the sauce.