Thread: Nut addicts page

JamieBelle is offline Member

Primal Fuel

Here is what I do:

In the morning I measure out my daily nut allotment and put it in a container. That's all I'm allowed to eat that day.

If I forget to do that, I limit myself to one small handful. I take out the handful and seal the bag back up and put it away.

I store my nuts in the freezer.

This works for me...I don't know...maybe I just have really strong will-power but I'm having a hard time understanding this nut addiction thing. lol

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member

Same here... I get a 1/4 cup of almonds a day... I bring them to work so that's all I get...

maba is offline Senior Member

That I declared my nut fast here has made me more accountable and therefore most disciplined. This past weekend was my 20%, we were traveling and I didn't have access to proper Primal snacks and I gave in but I made sure I didn't eat more than a handful or two each time.

If I have problem with any food addiction in the future, I'm going to make it open here - that seems to help lol!

halloweenbinge is offline Junior Member

I think it's just easy to overeat and hard to stop snacking once you got a can of nuts in front of you.

Portioning is a good idea. For the above reason, I tend to avoid nuts altogether - that and the fact I don't much like them (but keep eating them anyways once I start. boo)/

JamieBelle is offline Member

I just think in the long run it's more valuable to learn self-discipline rather than simply avoid a food.

62shelby Guest

[quote]

I just think in the long run it's more valuable to learn self-discipline rather than simply avoid a food.
    </blockquote>

IMO, its not so simple as exercising &#39;self discipline&#39;, there are way too many variables that can affect our bodies desire for a particular food, including nutrient deficits eg magnesium and calcium as well as allergies.

Suggesting its a self discipline or lack of issue, is very limiting.

hannahc is offline Senior Member

PrimalCon New York

I ended up getting another bag of the in shell mixed nuts this past week, and while I ate some every day I found it MUCH easier not to overeat them! Having to crack open the shells and carefully dig out the walnuts/pecans/whatevers takes so much more time, and it&#39;s mildly entertaining as well

The "serving" according to the package is 15, and I usually found myself only eating 5 or 10 at a time, with no desire for more. Give me 5 walnuts or 5 almonds from a shelled bag and it&#39;s like eating nothing at all.

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan