Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: good blood pressure but high pulse

good blood pressure but high pulse

Shop Now
    I don't know if this is nutrition or fitness so I'll ask here.

My blood pressure has gone down wonderfully since eating primal! It was creeping up (130/80 range) and pretty quickly after going primal, it's now down to where it was when I was in my 20's (110/70 range).

But for the past few weeks my pulse has been sort of high. It started a day I had food poisoning but now it's been weeks and it's still high. Not all the time, it goes up and down, but it's sort of freaking me out.

For example, tonight I took my blood pressure and it was 103/79 but my pulse was 110!

Any ideas? Is this a sign I need to work out more, or that I'm missing something in my diet or what?

Paleobird Guest
    A pulse of 110 is a sign that you might want to to see your cardiologist.

Is there any rhyme or reason to the timing of the ups and downs? Meals, workouts?

what were you doing just before the reading of 110? are you having any palpatations? fluttering or tightness in your chest? any change in caffeine intake? have you taken any medications for headache, constipation or bloating?

See your doctor.
    In God we trust; all others must bring data. W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

Happens to me when I am dehydrated.

I have a doctor appointment scheduled already so I'll check with him then.

I don't know if there's any pattern to it. When I first noticed it was with the food poisoning which makes sense I guess. But I don't take my bp every day. I only started taking it to see if my bp went down with primal so for all I know, it could have been going on longer.

But I have times when it's good - nice and low and then times when it's really high and I don't know why.

I just took it again after an hour of sitting on my butt and it's 93/65 and a pulse rate of 66.

Maybe the problem is that I usually think to take my pressure when I don't feel well so that's why I tend to see high pulse rates? I'll ask when I see the doctor and try and remember to update but meanwhile I'm going to spend a few days taking my blood pressure every few hours so I can have more of an idea what's going on.

I recently got off of my bp meds do to my weight loss. My pulse stayed high but has gotten way better since I started exercising regularly.
    Good luck!!

Pulse rate of 66 at rest is excellent! I wouldn't worry about the 110 since at rest it's right where it's supposed to be. Do this: Soon as you wake up for
    good in the morning, don't move at all, don't roll over, don't sit up, have a watch on your wrist, check your pulse, hopefully the room will be light enuf
    for you to see, if not then use a tiny flashlight held in one hand. The pulse should be 60 or a bit under. If so then i wouldn't worry at all. 60 at rest or
    even 66 means your heart is working normally and not harder. I wouldn't worry.

Shop Now
    I just wanted to quickly update I had my doctor's appointment today and my blood test results are great

I told him my concern about the pulse rate (it wasn't high in the office of course, lol!) and also about some stress symptoms I've been ignoring for the last year and a half (2010 totally kicked my ass). He's sending me to a cardiologist just to check it all out. I think I'm fine but a stress test or something won't kill me. I hope, lol!