Thread: Primal Journal - Nathan page

aireals is offline Member

Primal Journal - Nathan

Shop Now
    Hi Im Nathan. Im a male and I am very excited for the PB lifestyle. I have decided to log my days here to help keep track of what I eat but also having it logged would help me stay motivated to keep with it. I am 5'11 and I weight around 155lb. I plan on using the PB to help me get in shape and gain lean muscle. I work full time at a grocery store around 50 hours a week, and most of that time is spent walking quickly up and down the isles usually with boxes that weigh around 10 lbs or less. This accounts for my aerobic exercise I believe, but I will still be doing sprints and heavy lifting. So here we go...

Breakfast: 4 Scrambled Eggs, 5 oz of bacon and coffee with milk
    Dinner: Went to Applebees had a 9 oz Sirloin and double serving of vegetables (Woo no potatoes!)

I didnt have lunch today because I had the day off and grabbed some extra sleep, so I woke up later than normal. Other than that Im pleased I resisted the sweets and other indulgences.

I did a 15-20 minute medium intensity workout that consisted of 2 sets of push ups, sit ups, curling, and weighted squats.

Day 2,
    Didnt get as many veggies as I would have liked to in, but Im going to have a try at cooking because my lady isnt home to hold my hand and help me. Going to make a steak with a portobello mushroom and some brocolli . Havent made that yet but I will be on that soon. Had lots of sugar cravings today but i fought them and my regular temptations to go to fast food for lunch and so on but I did well and resisted all of this. Helped the sugar cravings with a couple hand fulls of red grapes. Energy levels were a bit down today but Ive always had a carb heavy diet so Im sure its just beginning stages of the Carb Flu I've read so much about.

B: Banana (running late for work)
    S: 2 rotisserie chicken thighs with leg
    L: 2 Egg Omelette with 4 ham slices, red onion, and cheese. Another banana on the way out.
    S: 2 hand fulls of red grapes.
    D: 9 oz Sirloin, Portobello mushroom, 2 cups broccoli.

I worked today and that is the extent of my workout today. 7-5 shift so Id say about 6-7 hours of walking and light lifting.

Update on my dinner, its to late to cook that much. Im just going to go with some scrambled eggs to hold me over till the morning.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Hi Nathan. Welcome!

Get some strawberries or blueberries and eat them or half an apple instead of grapes.
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Quote Originally Posted by belinda View Post
    Hi Nathan. Welcome!

Get some strawberries or blueberries and eat them or half an apple instead of grapes.
    Alright thank you, I wasnt sure if grapes were to high on the glycemic chart, I just remember reading a lot about their antioxidants.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Hi Nathan. Welcome. I was a grocery clerk for about 10 years (at natural food co-ops.) Hard work.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist View Post
    Hi Nathan. Welcome. I was a grocery clerk for about 10 years (at natural food co-ops.) Hard work.
    Glad someone understands, grocery store worker doesnt sound that hard in writing.

Day 3,
    I slipped up a small bit today at my girlfriend cousins birthday party. I went under the impression there was a bbq and found out they only had pizza. Only had one slice to hold me over till dinner but I didnt have any cake or ice cream. I also have stayed clear of all soda which I used to be a major junkie for. Other than that another decent day, still missing a salad in my day but I did get some veggies in today.

S: Coffee cream only (used to be a 5-6 sugar sort of guy but I went cold turkey with that a couple days ago)
    B: Bacon and scrambled eggs with ham.
    L:One slice of pizza.. Didnt eat the crust and it was a thin pizza if thats any better lol..
    D: 9oz Sirloin with sauteed portobello mushrooms and onions, 1 cup of broccoli and 1 cup of cut green beans.

I worked today but I was covering a different department so I didnt do much walking, just a lot of standing in one spot. Only worked a 5 hour shift but it was a 6 am shift and I took a power nap when I got out. Still lacking energy to want to do a workout today. Work a 4 hour shift tomorrow and supposed to see some sunshine for the first time in 2 weeks so I will hopefully be starting my sprints.
    Last edited by aireals; 06-25-2011 at 06:14 PM.

Havent posted in a few weeks but Im back to check up. Im not to worried about updating on this everyday since Im not a calorie counter but it still keeps a little voice going in the back of my head. Over the last few weeks Ive had my good days and my bad but after eating fully primal for a week I did notice how awful I felt after eating fast food or other unhealthy foods. Before I would have just brushed it off as lactose intolerance by the cheese on the burger or just having an off day and my body wasnt feeling right but now I can really tell the difference. I dont really stress to much over food to where Ill let the PB effect my social life. It was meant to be livable and when Im at home I almost always make the conscious choice on what to eat. The way I look at it is the 20% that is free for whatever breaks down to around a day and a half a week you could eat absolutely nothing primal. Im not saying its something I strive to reach but I feel if some people put a number value to it like I did they would live a lot easier. On that note I did some sprints today and going to get my gym membership this week. Going back cold turkey all primal today. Waiting a few hours before I eat though