Thread: The Jeopardy! Workout page

The Jeopardy! Workout

Primal Fuel
    I just invented this workout today. It's very simple. You will need:

1. A TV. You don't even need cable. Remember when TV was free?
    2. Some floor space. Move your couch. LHT.

Tune in at 7:30 pm to your local NBC affiliate. Sometimes it's on at a different time. Here are the rules:
    -Shout out your answer to every clue. You probably do this already.
    -If you get a clue wrong, do a burpee.
    -If a daily double pops up, you're in luck! You can wager any amount of burpees. If you get the answer right, you don't have to do number of burpees you wagered. If you get the answer wrong, hit the deck!
    -Final Jeopardy! is worth 5 burpees.

So many of us forget that Grok had to be strong AND smart!

Some variations to try:
    -If you get Final Jeopardy! wrong, you must fast for the rest of the evening. This is like a failed hunt. Or something like that.
    -If it's too easy for you, try this. Do burpees non-stop until you get a question right. The next time you get one wrong, drop and give me burpees until you get one right. You might die during Double Jeopardy!
    -Do pushups instead of burpees.
    -Actually don't do pushups instead of burpees.

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    I like the idea but one major flaw...smart people won't have to do anything.

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Palfrey View Post
    Well in that case, just flip the scenario. Every correct answer requires a burpee, and wrong answers are punished by continuous burpees until a correct answer is given. (This gets rid of the loophole allowing a smart person to purposely answer incorrectly in order to avoid doing burpees.)
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
    Well in that case, just flip the scenario. Every correct answer requires a burpee, and wrong answers are punished by continuous burpees until a correct answer is given. (This gets rid of the loophole allowing a smart person to purposely answer incorrectly in order to avoid doing burpees.)
    I'm sorry, I was just being pedantic. I'd rather just train.

RezH is offline Senior Member
    I watch Jeopardy daily, but don't typically guess too often. Guessing is bad for your score.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Palfrey View Post
    That's what I was thinking. But, there could be some buff morons running around.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.