Thread: Hey page

leoneaj33 is offline Junior Member

Hey

Shop Now
    Hey everyone,

Just stated this new way of living and am on day 3.

Does anyone have any recommended supplements I should take or should I just stick with a normal multivitamin. I am currently taking omega 3's

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Depending on how much sun you get, you'll probably need extra Vitamin D. It will probably be beneficial for you too, to get some magnesium citrate.

I'm not taking as much D now that I'm getting outside every day, but I take the magnesium every night before bed to prevent cramping which can be pretty common when eating a primal diet.
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

leoneaj33 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the advice. I'm about half way through the book and it made so much sense to me that I just had to get started. I'm sure I'll be learning a bunch along the way.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by belinda View Post
    Depending on how much sun you get, you'll probably need extra Vitamin D. It will probably be beneficial for you too, to get some magnesium citrate.

I'm not taking as much D now that I'm getting outside every day, but I take the magnesium every night before bed to prevent cramping which can be pretty common when eating a primal diet.
    +1 Get foods with vitamins A and K to help the D and magnesium build strong bones (e.g. spinach and other greens.)
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I took a probiotic for the first month and a half, and I think it really helped. I just ran out, so I probably won't get more for a while, unless I get really stressed out or sick.

I take a standard multivitamin, but I do add in extra magnesium, iodine (just a little), fish oil and a B complex. I'm not saying everyone needs that, and I may not always myself. Just trying to do a little repair work still.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com