Thread: HELP!!!! Very discouraged! page

biogeek84 is offline Junior Member

HELP!!!! Very discouraged!

Primal Fuel
    I dont know what I am doing wrong! I have been primal for over 2 months. Within the first two weeks I lost 7 pounds...GREAT! But since then (3 weeks later) I have not lost a damn pound, not a single inch and my clothes are not fitting any better! I have been keeping a diary and not cheating at all! I have been doing my 3 day per week 1 hour boot camp religiously. I have no idea at this point what I am doing wrong at this point. I am tired of thinking about it! This should be a no brainer considering how easy living primal is for me.

Any advise to break through this damn plateau is forever appreciated!

As a side note I have more energy than I have in years, feel strong and love the overall lifestyle. I would just like to see the fat go away so I can look as good on the outside as I feel on the inside!

MvEssen is offline Senior Member
    Some more info would be needed. Age, gender, length, weight? What specificly do you eat when eating primal?

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MvEssen View Post
    Some more info would be needed. Age, gender, length, weight? What specificly do you eat when eating primal?
    Yo, dutchman - The proper term is "Height" not length. Length a stat best given on craigslist personals!

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    Average calories per day?
    “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

spughy is offline Senior Member
    And are your workouts getting progressively harder? Usually I stall when I don't push myself to a (new) limit on every. single. workout. Also, if it's a "bootcamp" style workout sometimes the focus can be on cardio intensity, which can take away from your ability to use your muscles (ie, it's harder to lift stuff when you're panting and your heart is racing to start with), which reduces how much therapeutic damage your muscles incur, which reduces how much muscle mass you build - which is what changes how your clothes fit and increases your metabolic rate. Maybe if you dropped 2 bootcamp workouts and replaced them with pure lifting workouts (and make sure you increase the weights nearly every workout) you'd see faster results. I don't doubt you're improving your overall fitness, but you're not changing your body composition.

MvEssen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    Yo, dutchman - The proper term is "Height" not length. Length a stat best given on craigslist personals!
    Are you saying the size of once dong isn't important when giving dietary advice?
    On a more serious note, thanks!

SugarBaby is offline Senior Member
    Even on primal you can take in all the calories your body needs, so it won't let go of stored fat. Track you food with fitday, livestrong, or one of those sites, to see how much you are actually taking in. I stalled easily, so had to cut back on amounts, did some IFing, but eliminated every bit of sugar/sweets (especially any fruit besides a few berries), including artificial sweeteners. There is undoubtedly a reason that can be deduced logically by examining your food carefully.
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

HillsideGina is offline Senior Member