Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PB fitness Routine page

wallin84 is offline Junior Member

PB fitness Routine

Primal Fuel
    Have anyone done the PB fitness routine?

Paleobird Guest
    Twice a week for months now. It really works.

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    Not yet but we are probably starting this weekend. We've been doing the walking, and we've started sprinting while on our walks. Next stop - Lifting Heavy Things, a.k.a. us.

Sanctus Real is offline Senior Member
    Three times a week for me, just because I love doing it. I've had to make some changes to it, to accommodate my 'specialness'. I can't quite do pull-ups yet, and I was not satisfactorily progressing using Mark's methods (I'm one of those skinny weaklings), so I went to the assisted pull-up machine. I keep progressing on that front, so I estimate it'll get me where I want to be eventually. And doing the overhead presses upside down made me very dizzy, so I just started doing straight-up overhead presses with a barbell, adding weights as I progress.

I don't know if my modifications are quite kosher, but I figure you do what you gotta do.
    Motherhood: When changing from pj pants to yoga pants qualifies as 'getting dressed'.

kaylakala is offline Member
    Yes for almost 2 months. I use machines for heavy lifting.
    went from 10-30lbs 10 reps to 30-70lbs 3 sets of 10 reps.
    Started walking in October. Could barely make it around the block. Now go for 1 hour walks on the beach.
    Still working on the full 10 min. full throttle.
    I'm loving it!!

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanctus Real View Post
    Three times a week for me, just because I love doing it. I've had to make some changes to it, to accommodate my 'specialness'. I can't quite do pull-ups yet, and I was not satisfactorily progressing using Mark's methods (I'm one of those skinny weaklings), so I went to the assisted pull-up machine. I keep progressing on that front, so I estimate it'll get me where I want to be eventually. And doing the overhead presses upside down made me very dizzy, so I just started doing straight-up overhead presses with a barbell, adding weights as I progress.

I don't know if my modifications are quite kosher, but I figure you do what you gotta do.
    The assisted pullup machine won't actually get you where you need to be, but maybe it'll get you more able to benefit from negatives, holds, etc?
    And I'm sure Mark doesn't mind you doing presses with an actual barbell! Just remember to stick a little more weight on the bar every time you succeed.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

haylee is offline Junior Member
    enjoy here

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    its what i am doing. just started this week. im just at level 1 in all 5 exercises, cant quite do all the reps required to move up to the next level
    Primal Chaos
    37yo 6'5"
    6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
    current 338lbs 49" waist
    goal 240lbs 35" waist

wallin84 is offline Junior Member
    I really can`t decide if I should go for PB fitness or simple fit.

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    they are simliar... i like pb because of the plank and shoulder press type movement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast