Thread: intermittent fasting page

jaysond is offline Senior Member

intermittent fasting

Shop Now
    straight to the point ; holy Shit!

ya I said it. this has completely changed my life, my nutrition, my weight management, my routine, my obsession with meal frequency and watching clocks and rushing to eat at times. WOW, what a major difference. this is taking my body to the final level I want it to be on.

I am now in my final 16hr fast / 8hr eating window, most of the time I eat within 7hrs and I have to admit how wrong I was before. conventional wisdom about eating? BLAH! Mark helped with "how" to eat and now I know when to eat. I have not lost energy or mass, at all. 3 weeks in. love it!

anyone thinking about trying it, check out the leansaloon and go back to all his blogs and read carefully!

i went primal in feb 2010
    200lbs
    37% body fat
    38-40 waist

1 year to the day
    140lbs
    7.8% body fat
    29 waist

currently
    137lbs
    7% body fat
    29 waist

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Agreed Jayson. I used to follow the "every 3 hours" rule to a T and it didn't get me anywhere near where I wanted to be. IF is easy, especially if you aren't a "morning person", and it gets even easier as you progress. I can now do anything on an empty stomach and have no bonking issues whatsoever. Went on a 30 mile bike ride last weekend with some in-law family members. Ihadn't ridden a bike, much less that far, in more than 5 years. I was the only one that didn't have to stop/slow down to eat something for energy the whole time. In fact, I still didn't eat for 4 hours after we were done. Everyone else was craving food and rather annoying about it by the time they actually got to eat.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    @jayson: Awesome. Glad to hear of your success.

@Icarian: I hear you on the other people having to eat all the time thing. If I'm out and about or hiking, I just go and go and never really get hungry, while whoever may be with me wants to stop every few hours to get some food. I'd rather just wait to eat a big meal at home or wherever my destination may be, so I find it somewhat annoying too.

P.S. I love your avatar. What's it from?
    P.P.S. I see it's from Spawn. I was into Spawn a little bit many years ago.
    Last edited by yodiewan; 06-23-2011 at 08:02 AM.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    My wife is finally getting on board with PB, just for the fact that she knows how bad her mood gets when her blood sugar drops. I used to have to remind her to eat before she got cranky. Now it only affects her if she has too much sugar and no protein/fat.

lizzychan5 is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday I just did my first IF with a workout. Usually I try to IF to get my body into ketosis, doing a 18-20 hour fast would get the test strip to be a nice light rosy color, and that's the darkest I could get the strips to be. But yesterday, as I was walking home from work I decided to do sprints home, then when I got home I tried doing a few pull ups, push ups and squats. I tested myself and the ketostick was dark purple! Major fat burn! woohoo!

otzi Guest
    Works great for me, too. I eat lunch around noon, dinner around 5 and nothing, not even a dark chocolate chip, after 6pm. It's got the scale moving and I'm not hungry at all in the mornings or at night. I have also started adding way more carbs into my diet--daily now I eat some rice or potatoes (about 100g) and weekly after a heavy lift I eat a lot of white rice, like 200-300g. I was stalled at 185 for about 8 weeks, wouldn't budge, now I'm under 180 in the last few weeks. Looks like the last 10 may happen afterall.

The LeanSaloon blogs were very helpful to me, mostly though, his theory is that IF is a way to cut calories--not that it does something magical. I do not make up the calories I am missing from not eating a traditional morning breakfast, that puts me about 500 calories less for the day. I'm sure this is why I'm now losing weight again.

Jaysondecambra - keep on giving us updates, I definitely read it when I see your name, you are a success in this for sure!

jaysond is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    Works great for me, too. I eat lunch around noon, dinner around 5 and nothing, not even a dark chocolate chip, after 6pm. It's got the scale moving and I'm not hungry at all in the mornings or at night. I have also started adding way more carbs into my diet--daily now I eat some rice or potatoes (about 100g) and weekly after a heavy lift I eat a lot of white rice, like 200-300g. I was stalled at 185 for about 8 weeks, wouldn't budge, now I'm under 180 in the last few weeks. Looks like the last 10 may happen afterall.

The LeanSaloon blogs were very helpful to me, mostly though, his theory is that IF is a way to cut calories--not that it does something magical. I do not make up the calories I am missing from not eating a traditional morning breakfast, that puts me about 500 calories less for the day. I'm sure this is why I'm now losing weight again.

Jaysondecambra - keep on giving us updates, I definitely read it when I see your name, you are a success in this for sure!
    thank you! thats exactly the schedule im on, i get up at 3am. work out and dont eat until 12 noon. i have lunch, usually meat, veggies, 2 hard boiled eggs and dark chocolate. then i have dinner no later than 7pm. the trick is to make sure your fasted state including the 4hr window from the time you stop eating is equal to or greater than the fed state.

i went primal in feb 2010
    200lbs
    37% body fat
    38-40 waist

1 year to the day
    140lbs
    7.8% body fat
    29 waist

currently
    137lbs
    7% body fat
    29 waist