Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Non Plastic Coffee Mug ?

Non Plastic Coffee Mug ?

Shop Now
    Anyone on here use a coffee mug that is non plastic, including the sipping lid ? I found some stainless steel ones only to find that the lid is plastic. I know some plastics are safe, but I would like to start eliminating as much plastic as possible

Would you consider plastics that are BPA free?
    Here's a stainless steel vacuum sealed one:
    Amazon.com: Thermos Sipp 16-Ounce Vacuum-Insulated Travel Tumbler: Kitchen & Dining

I bought this one for my mother and she uses it constantly. The body is porcelain and the lid is silicone:
    Amazon.com: DCI I Am Not a Paper Cup 10-Ounce Porcelain Travel Cup with Lid: Kitchen & Dining

Quote Originally Posted by secretlobster View Post
    Would you consider plastics that are BPA free?
    Here's a stainless steel vacuum sealed one:
    Amazon.com: Thermos Sipp 16-Ounce Vacuum-Insulated Travel Tumbler: Kitchen & Dining

I bought this one for my mother and she uses it constantly. The body is porcelain and the lid is silicone:
    Amazon.com: DCI I Am Not a Paper Cup 10-Ounce Porcelain Travel Cup with Lid: Kitchen & Dining

Ordered the first 1, thank you lobster !

Starbucks and Bed Bath and Beyond have ceramic versions thay can go in the microwave.

i have a stainless steel one with a plastic lid. i don't think the coffee touches the lid that often, so it doesn't bother me. the durability is really nice.

I use a Starbucks ceramic mug with a silicone lid.
    I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
    Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
    "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

I also have a ceramic with a silicone lid that I got at Whole Foods. It's not as spill-proof as most travel mugs but it does the job for your basic car ride.
    Last edited by DaisyEater; 06-23-2011 at 11:59 AM.

I don't cook, eat or drink out of plastic anymore, BPA or not. Just makes sense that a petroleum product could cause some kind of problem with the food.

Reusit.com has good choices.

The old fashioned bell-shaped ceramic or glass mugs used with a cork would do it.

Shop Now
    I am working toward a plastic free kitchen but can't find a solution for glass containers that I need to take on the go with me. Most small glass tupperware replacements still have plastics lids. Anyone find a way around this dilemma?