Thread: After FASTING, do I make up for MISSED MEALS? page

chris-the-writer is offline Junior Member

After FASTING, do I make up for MISSED MEALS?

Primal Fuel
    Let's say I fasted by skipping 2 meals. When I am done with the fasting, do I eat those 2 meals to make up for them? I know I'm supposed to take in a certain number of calories, carbs, fat, and protein each day, but when I am fasting do I make en exception by NOT making up for the skipped meals?

thanks guys.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    If you are doing a fast once or twice a week, then no. But if you do a daily fast, then yes, what you do eat should come close to making up for what was skipped.

Quote Originally Posted by chris-the-writer View Post
    I know I'm supposed to take in a certain number of calories, carbs, fat, and protein each day
    No, not really. All of those things can and should vary a bit.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    It took me week of trial and error, but after fasting daily (16/8) I eat about 3K calories spread out across 2 or 3 meals. Just eat primally when you are hungry. If you aren't hungry, don't eat.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Juliemama is offline Senior Member
    Some days I do not eat much, some not at all, and some days I pig out. I do not "make up" for anything intentionally, but I listen to my body. At this point I can feel "true" hunger...which is very different than "Oh my God, I need to eat now!" It's hard to explain. The body, when healed, is wise in its ways.

trippplez is offline Member
    I agree with opinions that the food consumption for a given day can (or maybe even should) vary a lot. We don't have hard data from the primal people back in the days but I personally doubt that they ate the same calories, every day, to the clock. The animals in general have similar "spikes" in their eating patterns, of course it depends on the animal but I think I made the point...

One of the main motivations of doing daily fasts for me is that I can eat a couple of "standard" meals in one sitting, or in no more than 3-4 hours. I just love huge meals, and the fasting allows me to "get away unharmed"

lubnakazi.kazi is offline Junior Member
    Any form of intimacy left the relationship about 8 months ago, if not more. I sometimes try to tell her that I'd like to feel wanted in my relationship, but she never really tries to do anything that makes me feel wanted by her. She would make up excuses or find ways to get out of cuddling with me or something, like telling me to look at how cute our dog is, which is just laying there or something, or getting up to tend to the needs of the ferrets half empty water container, then when she's done, she just goes back to the computer or something.

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lubnakazi.kazi View Post
    Any form of intimacy left the relationship about 8 months ago, if not more. I sometimes try to tell her that I'd like to feel wanted in my relationship, but she never really tries to do anything that makes me feel wanted by her. She would make up excuses or find ways to get out of cuddling with me or something, like telling me to look at how cute our dog is, which is just laying there or something, or getting up to tend to the needs of the ferrets half empty water container, then when she's done, she just goes back to the computer or something.
    Maybe you should spend less time spamming forums? I think I'd ignore you too.

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Palfrey View Post
    Maybe you should spend less time spamming forums? I think I'd ignore you too.
    Sign #1649 I Know You're Not Internet-Savvy: You think accounts like this are actual people.
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

croí is offline Senior Member
    I usually don't. My take on fasting is to create a calorie deficit. *My opinon* If you cram 2 meals worth (of calories) into one meal after you skipped a meal, then what was the point of skipping the first meal?

I have started to follow the Stop Eat Stop approach, and it has helped me break thru my plataue. And on the day I eat, I fast usually 16 hours, with an 8 hour eating window (about 2 meals, and maybe a snack). I don't eat more than what I would normally eat at a given meal. I eat a normal meal, hoping the calorie deficit will then feed off the fat in my body.