Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Oz Says No To Sugar! page

Kayla is offline Junior Member

Dr. Oz Says No To Sugar!

I'm always interested to see what Dr. Oz's main points of his show are for the day and today I was absolutely surprised by the headline, "Number One Food To Get Out of The House Is SUGAR!" Coming from a primal point of view I thought this was absolutely awesome, especially since they went on to give the statistic that an 'average american' eats 7.5 lbs of sugar a month!

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    In related news, Stabby Raccoon says no to cocaine binges and prostitutes with STDs!

But in all seriousness it is good since he has so much influence. I forgot that many people aren't as well-informed as we are, even though it's obvious, I mean just pubmed sugar consumption and do the math, people are eating too much fucking sugar and it's making them sick.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Paleobird Guest
    It's insane how much influence that man has. He is a TV entertainer yet millions of people hang on his every word as if he were the ultimate arbiter of medical truth.

Him saying no to sugar is a step in the right direction however small.

Karma is offline Senior Member
    I was asking my GP if she gets a lot of people quoting Dr. Oz when they come in and she just started laughing! She said it's better than nothing, at least its a startting point for aconversation with patients.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, it's awesome until Oz hears about the next latest thing, which might be completely off the mark, and starts spouting that. And he will. He will.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    I can't believe my mom watches his show, still.

Freedish is offline Senior Member
    I once thought that if I did the opposite of everything Dr.Oz said I'd be healthy. Well i was right until now...finally he is giving some good advice. Unfortunately most people will hear this and replace the sugar with other junk like bread and pasta. Oh well. At least he's trying.

Isis is offline Senior Member
    ha yesterday my mum sent me a text "Dr Oz tv shows parasite worms from semicooked meat! you should check it out!" she's always been cautious of me and my boyfriend preferring rare steaks, now thanks to Dr Oz she feels more validated. :P
    My primal journal
    25yo female, height 5'7"
    goal weight: 60kg / 155lb
    goal fat%: 20%

current weight: 70kg / 154lb

“The fact that a great many people believe something is no guarantee of its truth.”
    ― W. Somerset Maugham

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    It's insane how much influence that man has. He is a TV entertainer yet millions of people hang on his every word as if he were the ultimate arbiter of medical truth.

Him saying no to sugar is a step in the right direction however small.
    Dr. Oz is to the medical community what Dr. Phil is to the therapist community.

Let it be known that I am a much sexier, sassier bitch than Dr. Phil.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Isis View Post
    ha yesterday my mum sent me a text "Dr Oz tv shows parasite worms from semicooked meat! you should check it out!" she's always been cautious of me and my boyfriend preferring rare steaks, now thanks to Dr Oz she feels more validated. :P
    Don't you realize thats the real reason why we all lose weight going Primal? Its the parasite load we all acquire XD
    Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast