Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of "No oodle"? page

kimann79 is offline Member

What do you think of "No oodle"?

Primal Fuel
    I found these at the super market when I first went gluten free and they work really well in soups. The ingredients are water, yam flour and lime. I'm not sure if yams are allowed but there are 5 carbs in the entire bag (which says five servings but serves, more realistically, three or four). No sugar and only a couple of calories.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Yams are allowed, they are great foods. It is possibly mostly the fiber from yams, which can be very good, just watch out because some people can't handle that much. I think they look good, though.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Paleobird Guest
    There are a lot of different brands out there but I really like them. They are mostly a sauce delivery device for Asian dishes for me since the texture is more like rice noodles.

Stabby is right that they are mostly pure dietary fiber so don't overdose on them if your digestive system isn't used to that.

kimann79 is offline Member
    Great! Thanks so much. I don't care much for them but it will def. make my kids and husband happy.

HTownGirl is offline Senior Member
    I've been looking for something to replace rice noodles in Pho. Do you think these will do? I've been craving a big bowl of Pho!!

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HTownGirl View Post
    I've been looking for something to replace rice noodles in Pho. Do you think these will do? I've been craving a big bowl of Pho!!
    +1 on the inquiry; I've been torn over not eating the noodles, or even suggesting they not include it. I wonder how many blank looks I'd get if I asked such a question; it's been happening whenever I order carne asada plates without beans, rice, and tortilla...

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HTownGirl View Post
    They would be great in Pho. They don't have any taste on their own so they absorb whatever is around them.

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    They would be great in Pho. They don't have any taste on their own so they absorb whatever is around them.
    I gotta check this out... Asian spaghetti, on top of standard Asian noodle dishes

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    I sell them. Haven't tried them yet.

lubnakazi.kazi is offline Junior Member
    I would like to have them together so they can keep an eye out for each other and protect each other if needed but then I think maybe it's just too much time spending with each other, being together at school then at home, maybe they will end-up hating each other. What do you think?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast