Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Girls night out page

jammiedodger is offline Junior Member

Girls night out

Shop Now
    Have a big girls night out coming up and kind of feel I'll be expected to drink alcohol at it ( and would enjoy some) but I still want to stay as Primal as possible without messing up my routine, so I'm just wondering what would be the best possible drink to drink if I'll be drinking more than a glass or two? I normally would drink a light beer, bacardi and coke or white wine? To be honest I'll find it easy enough to avoid the temptation to eat the chips and other snacks that will be provided but less easy to avoid the alcohol!

Any suggestions?

gojirama is offline Senior Member
    House margarita!
    I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
    Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
    "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

Nomad1 is offline Senior Member
    Good question Jammiedodger, looking forward to the answers you'll receive.
    If I was drinking, I'd either choose to just go with the wreckless abandon route and have a fun night and then carry on the next day or to choose the drink that has the least amount of sugar content and limit myself to a couple if I was keeping to my goals.

finngirl71 is offline Member
    Vodka soda with a lime. No sugar

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I've been drinking vodka and soda with a lime or lemon wedge, NorCal margaritas, or red wine most times I go out, with hard cider now and then because I love the stuff.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

ennasirk is offline Senior Member
    I mostly drink wine these days to stay (reasonably) primal, though I do have a beer from time to time. I've never really been much of a mixed drinks fan, but cutting back on the beer has been more of a challenge (not that I'd have more than 1-2 a week most weeks, but there are certain times/places where I'd just rather have a beer than wine).
    "Sometimes, you need to make sure the angel on your shoulder has a wingman." -Me

My primal log

Nomad1 is offline Senior Member
    In my dream life, margaritas would be health food and definitely primal.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I can be so anal about what I eat/drink. If anybody can be a food nazi, it's me.

I say...

Screw it. If you're going to have a good time, have a good time. Be reasonable and don't gorge yourself on useless sugar, but if you want a cosmo, have a cosmo! I prefer a sweet red wine usually, but sometimes you just need something girly, and fruity and fun.

Enjoy yourself. It's what life is for.

profdjj is offline Senior Member
    If you're trying to stay low carb then choose clear liquors like gin or vodka or tequila and mix with a diet soda like diet 7up, diet coke, or diet tonic.

gunnk is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    #1 choice is wine
    #2 is margarita (in spite of the high sugar content)

Stay away from vodka drinks if you (like me) have any sensitivities to wheat (most vodkas are grain -- wheat -- based now). Only the better brands tend to still be potato-based.

Of course, the BEST thing overall is to be prudent and not OVERDO it. As cliche as is sounds: Drink Responsibly.
    Life is short: Void the warranty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast