Thread: Lost 6 pounds in 2 days eating nothing but bacon & eggs! page

Happy2Fly is offline Junior Member

Lost 6 pounds in 2 days eating nothing but bacon & eggs!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've been lurking this forum for a few months, but haven't posted much so let me give you a short summery of my primal journey:

I started getting concerned about my weight about 5 years ago when I went to a wedding out of town, and had to rush out to the store to buy 34" waist pants because I could not button my 32" pants that I had worn since high school. I managed to stay at a 34" by playing soccer 3 days a week, but still couldn't fit into half of the clothes in my closet by last summer. I decided last winter that whatever I was doing was not working, since my 34" pants were getting real tight and uncomfortable, so I decided to try and figure out why. I started searching for books on nutrition and found GCBC by Taubes. After finishing the book sometime in January, I felt like a veil had been lifted from my eyes, and started cutting processed carbs from my diet. In February, I found MDA and started eating primally. By March, my pants were not only getting looser, but I had dropped to a new hole in my belt! I had no idea what I weighed at that time, and decided to buy a scale to track my progress. The first time on a scale, I was at 218lbs, 16%BF, and 40% Muscle. Over the next few months the weight has been coming off slowly, but I was down to 207lbs, 14.6%BF, and 42.5% muscle on Sunday after a weekend camping trip. Because I had purchased WAY too much bacon and eggs for the camping trip, I have eaten nothing but that for 2 days, to make some room in my fridge. I got on the scale this morning, and was shocked to see that I had dropped to 201 lbs, 14.1%BF! I haven't been under 200lbs since 11th grade, and it's finally within sight! I am 31 years old by the way...

Nion is offline Senior Member
    Be careful with the bacon. Make sure you source the natural stuff, with NO nitrates
    I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Happy2Fly is offline Junior Member
    I usually do, however on this occasion I went for the cheap stuff since I planned on feeding a bunch of people breakfast during my trip. I ended up taking home 2 lbs of bacon to add to the 2 lbs already in my fridge(the good stuff). I also brought home 3 dozen eggs. I don't plan on continuing this way of eating for the long term, but didn't want all that bacon&egg goodness to go to waste!

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    No. Definitely do not let bacon or eggs go to waste. Nod nod.

Welcome.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

MightyAl is offline Senior Member
    Make sure to mix some veggies in there once in awhile. In the end PB is all about finding what works for you using healthy whole food choices.
    Check out my primal blog: http://primalroar.posterous.com/