Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FIRST DAY of trying primal (hope its gonna work this time) page 3

Sebastian is offline Member
    Shop Now
    i think this article about glycogen and the brain is in a little contrast to what sisson says about you donīt need carbs at all at the 21 convention..

belinda is offline Senior Member
    I think Mark has written about both soy lecithin and sunflower seed oil. Soy lethicin is found in a lot of dark chocolate products and primals loooove their dark chocolate. I don't have time to find the articles, and can't even quote, other than to say that Mark thinks soy lethicin is ok and sunflower seed isn't anywhere near as bad as corn oil, vegetable oil, canola oil, or peanut oil.

If you have time, you could put these in the forum search engine. But I think you'll be fine
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

thanks belinda, i will try read as much as possible both from mark an various sources.

---
    well i been thinking a lot about diet today
    i asked myself this question today
    "why should a low carb diet be better IF the brain and bodys prefered energizer is carbs"
    and why do athletes tend to HAVE to put in higher carbs, what if we assume that theese "athletes" back in the stone age was the finest hunters, warriors and best men (i assume that women not that often was hunters?.. huh maybe im wrong, and no im not an anti-feminist)
    and what if theese guys would run and hunt for like .. we say they should be running long and be out "in the field" for like some days runnung long distances to find that big mammut or something ??? that is simply not possible on a low-carb diet .. is it??
    (i might actually ask mark about this one some day)

-so as you see i been thinking about what would have been the most NATURAL and best diet for humans might be.. and some guy at the proteinpower blog said that low carb diets normally was pretty good for some years for most people and after that it was going down in health a lot .. hmm im a little worried about all this, but im still doing it because i want to know if it works for me in the long run.
    and how come a lot people on really low carb get so much stomach issues ?
    are our prefered food carbs ?
    Last edited by Sebastian; 06-28-2011 at 03:11 AM.

DAY 6

Breakfast: bacon and eggs little salad + butter (i should find some other ideas for breakfast soon hehe)
    Dinner: salad, tuna, olive oil, glass of milk.
    i always feel better after my dinner, then after my breakfast for some reason... it might be because im used to carbs as energy..

WOD: running .. i was trying to run a little 2-3 KILOMETERS run but it was way to hard .. so i walked. i felt like i had joint pains wich is kind of rare for me to have this much and, but i did some short sprints afterwords instead ... i was suprised at how fast i can run, its like my body dont seems to follow my feed haha...

S: Cherry...

Lunch: Shrimps, root veggies, broccoli, potato.. butter and cream - sea salt and pepper .. hell yeah this was good, and it was sunshine over here in the cold north today .. amazing dinner with the view of the sun going down (off topic as a lot of the other stuff im also writing i know i know- but its the whooole primal experience right ) i felt a little bloated after this .. it might be the potatoes but i did not feel like this last time i had potatoes so maybe its the butter-salt-potato-combo huh?

WATER !.... and prepraing exam stuff.. i have brought priiiiiimal CHOCOLATE (lol) as belinda said , then i can get i sugar rush on wednsday before im going up

got confused by reading this stuff
    Primal Wisdom: Micronutrient Comparison: High fat vs. High carb; Plus: Ancient Greek Diet and Diseases
    and this http://donmatesz.blogspot.com/search...&max-results=7
    and this http://www.rawfooddietbliss.com/2011...w-carb-vs.html

i really dont know what to believe anymore... as for now does anyone actually 100% what our ancestors ate and what we should eat ?
    THE PERFECT DIET !?

well this guy had some advice for beginning a low carb diet: The Blog of Michael R. Eades, M.D.

well hell see you tommorow all you low carbers ..
    Last edited by Sebastian; 06-27-2011 at 04:58 PM.

insane bad breath when waking up WTF ! ... this does NOT seems healthy and im not used to having bad breath in this kind of way... and i did not eat right before sleeping.. i eat at 9 pm sleeped at 2am

this guy on the new evolution diet has another quite interesting idea of the human diet wich is a lot like .. basicly like some other a little lower in fat and higher in veggies-paleo style ... if this breath contenuis after 1 or 2 months im trying that ..
    YouTube - ‪The New Evolution Diet - Episode 2‬‏

DAY 7

bad breath - tired - weakness - lost weigth - mainly muscle mass -and dont feel like lifting wheight - i have a weird feeling in my body like i produce some toxins and having some warm nasty feelings in my body.

B: bacon eggs salad carrot olive oil
    L: 200 grams of beef, butter, cream, veggies.

felt like hell after this one...
    S: nuts milk... cherries cherries . give me some sugar before i fall dead ..

i now feel deppressed for real .. im thinking about giving up this diet.. it cant be healthy and i feel so weak i canīt possible argue that this diet should be long term healthy at this point .. it does not seem natural AT ALL ! if this contenues im ending up looking weak and skinny like one of theese raw food guys..

Dinner: salad, herring, full fat feta, olive oil, cod liver oil...
    felt better after this one

S: apple little nuts

S: protein shake with little protein, lots of coconut oil, and cacao powder...
    Last edited by Sebastian; 06-29-2011 at 01:45 AM.

was reading about the maasai peoples diet , and decided to go on with this for a while (thanks to whole health source blog)

DAY 8

S: nuts and cherries (around 7-9 am)
    breakfast: (around 12-1pm) Protein shake cacao powder, cod liver oil (with A and Dīs) + loooots of coconut oil (is it possible to clean this "shaker" now ? haha .. really fatty like all of my cooking gear is after started this diet)

S: 85% chocolate before my exam today

this have very little today with my primal experience BUT, EXAM STATUS: whenīt out COMPLETELY PERFECT .

LUNCH: big ass salad with all kinds of lettuce, greensīnīshit, full fat feta and mozerella, advocado, olive oil, spoon fish oil!....

... more to come.. hope i can do a workout later today... where i can be A MAN "MAN" and scream and stuff (and get my "primal" happiness for my exam out!!)
    donīt know if a crossfit workout would be too much ?

S:could not eat the whole salad but took a little apple before the workout..

WOD: i figured crossfit would be too much. so instead i dead a intense slowly , supposed to be full body but ended up in - breast, shoulder, back, back extensions (really neccesary for me) focus on technique.. my strength has falled down a little but my tech was super.
    i also trained on empty stomach because it was also like my system needed to relax a little before eating again (ieven dough i felt hunger, im not used to listening to that stuff on a 6 meals a day-kind of "muscle building"-diet, it might also be because you dont stress in all theese bodybuilding "rules" you see in mens magazines and see on the internet sites for looking like brad pitt or something something, so it was quite nice just listening to the body and dont stress the eating) 1 hour workout today, mainly compound movements .. except the to biggest squat and deads.. im taking them and some dips and curls yeah friday and some crossfit or a little sprint in the weekend if i feel like it and im all good..

so mainly today most of my foods has been eating from 12 to now evening, i was up early but felt like my system needed to get IT ALL OUT before start eating again.

S: protein shake with whole milk, coconut oil, cacao powder... some cherries and the rest of the salad i couldnt eat it all earlier.

DINNER(11om): 200 grams beef with sea salt and black pepper, mashed root veggies and potatoes with cream, onions in butter.. lots of butter...

Now going out with freinds and celebrate exam is done .. summer holidays now .. wehuu
    nice dinner dough i was almost about to earl of all the fat !
    Last edited by Sebastian; 06-30-2011 at 02:27 PM.

DAY 9 ... puuh theres a long way for 3 weeks..

protein shake, coconut oil, cod liver oil, apple
    bacon eggs, small salad
    nuts, advocado

Dinner with some freinds.... wich love vegan food...
    carrot soup with organic creme fraiche and olive oil, tomato/mozeralla/onion/basil/olive oil/balsamic vinegar - salad... nice but there was not enough to make me full...

weird day.. not really many carbs today.. mostly fat i guess... feels like it, i feal really weird and tired and bloated..

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast