Thread: Handstand Push Up Tutorial!! page

TimBell is offline Senior Member

Handstand Push Up Tutorial!!

Shop Now
    Here's a new blog post one how you can work towards performing handstand push ups! There's a video included, let me know what you think =) Grok On!!!

Jungle Fit - How Fitness Was Meant To Be!: How To Do Handstand Push Ups!! The Tutorial!!

Fern is offline Senior Member
    Love your videos! Why can't we have trainers like you and Al in Colorado? I have spoken with 3 trainers in the last week and all of them want to put me on machines in a gym, I asked about body weight and they all said they focus more on machine work
    My blog - About me, my family, and my hobbies!

*Please ignore my horrible typing and grammar I am usually typing it all on my very uncooperative phone*

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Good post!

Only thing I'd add though for anybody starting out on these to really strive for a deeper range of motion (ROM) by either building parallettes or acquiring push up handles (or getting a pair of bricks, stack of books, anything really) so that you can get your head beyond the limitations of the floor as the hardest part of the press is really the bottom position which is impossible to achieve without elevation.

No criticism on Tim, just something that I feel is important to note for better strength development in general (besides, if you don't train that way and you ever attempt it you may be in for a rude and potentially dangerous awakening, I speak from experience trying to be cute on the parallel bars)

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fern View Post
    Love your videos! Why can't we have trainers like you and Al in Colorado? I have spoken with 3 trainers in the last week and all of them want to put me on machines in a gym, I asked about body weight and they all said they focus more on machine work
    Machines are safer, personal trainers don't want you to sue them for dropping a weight on your head after they told you to do heavy presses or something, know what I mean?

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member
    She's asking about bodyweight training - you'd have to be a very incompetent trainer to drop a weight on someone's head during a pull-up!
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

Fern is offline Senior Member
    Yes, what I wanted was someone who can make sure im staying strait in push ups and planks, giving me advice on how to use my body better because I could be doing it all wrong (I know I am fucking up on lunges somewhere because they hurt in a bad way).
    My blog - About me, my family, and my hobbies!

*Please ignore my horrible typing and grammar I am usually typing it all on my very uncooperative phone*

TimBell is offline Senior Member
    @Fern: Thanks a lot for the feed back! I wish I could be every where at once to train with everyone, maybe some day soon! And yes Al is awesome =)!

@iniQuity: I hear ya buddy! I have sets of tall and short dip bars and parallettes which I use for handstand push ups and many other gymnastics style techniques. However a lot of people don't have access to these. Just simply showing a way for most people to progress, and yes by using parallette bar's you deepen the range of motion =)

@Al_Kavadlo: Hahahahaha, couldn't imagine a situation where that would happen lol

loganchristopher is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    It's a nice tutorial on the old handstand .

I would like to give you all a nice addition to this post here on How to do a handstand.

Logan Christopher