Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In defense of Primal page

vFox is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up In defense of Primal

Primal Fuel
    Article on abcnews.com about US News ranking Primal diet last and how there is proof (studies) that it does work ...love the support!

Caveman Diet Gets Online Support - ABC News
    Last edited by vFox; 06-22-2011 at 07:39 AM.

GreenLightJerky is offline Senior Member
    Nice find. It's pretty cool to see such a response about that list.
    My name is Matt and I am a Beef Jerky Wizard.
    www.greenlightjerky.com

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Here's a great money quote from the article (results ALWAYS win over claims, in my book):

On the U.S. News and World Report rankings Paleo diet page, more than 3,000 people said the diet had worked for them, while 80 said it did not. Compare that to the No. 1-ranked diet, Weight Watchers, in which 1,883 people said the diet worked for them and nearly 800 people said it did not.
    So, 97% of all people asked said that Primal worked for them, and 3% did not, compared to 70% who claim that WW worked for them and 30% who said it did not. Yup.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

lizzychan5 is offline Senior Member
    too bad the video does not relate to the article. Some lady talking about the dash diet that was invented by scientists... I would of e-mailed this article to a few of my friends but i worry they will only watch the video and not read the article.

Nion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    Here's a great money quote from the article (results ALWAYS win over claims, in my book):

So, 97% of all people asked said that Primal worked for them, and 3% did not, compared to 70% who claim that WW worked for them and 30% who said it did not. Yup.

This.
    I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

TomM1026 is offline Junior Member
    It's really unfortunate that there is so much contention with Paleo philosophy. People are just to attached to what they hear from the media other sources about what is "healthy". They never take the extra step to investigate what actually is healthy.

And it's also unfortunate that Weight Watchers just has so much clout because they are a huge corporation with all of those branded products and weighing centers and commercials.
    My blog - FitandFree.net - Live Healthy. Be Awesome.

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vFox View Post
    Article on abcnews.com about US News ranking Primal diet last and how there is proof (studies) that it does work ...love the support!

Caveman Diet Gets Online Support - ABC News
    Thanks, interesting.

Nice to see this old chestnut:

"Of course, if people did that much physical activity, they probably wouldn't be obese in the first place," Ayoob said.
    it's become the fallback excuse from the current dietary establishment—once they grasp that despite having filled the supermarkets full of low-fat produce and having brainwashed the public into buying it, the public are fatter then ever.

Not that (appropriate) physical activity isn't good for people, but lack of it isn't the reason for obesity. Eskimo women used to sit indoors most of the time throughout the winter, and do a fair bit of nibbling at food by all accounts. But they weren't obese on their traditional diet.

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    BTW, I can't resist adding that that Katz bloke is utterly ridiculous. Someone posted a piece of his here recently that was bad enough, but this one tops it.

"The meat our Stone Age ancestors ate is nothing like the meat we eat today," said Katz. "When's the last time you saw a mammoth? I rest my case."

... it's easy to turn the concept of Stone Age-style eating into an excuse for hamburgers, and that certainly won't do your health any good."
    I mean if he'd said Arctic hare or something ... since people did also eat small game. But is this low-fat obsessive trying to tell us there wouldn't have been much fat on a mammoth?

There's an account somewhere in Frederick Courteney Selous's writings of Africans dealing with an elephant carcase. They actually get inside it and chop out lumps of fat with axes and the like. When you can chop fat out with a hand-tool, that's a decent quantity of fat for culinary, and other, uses. And it won't go off in a hurry.

m e g a n foxy is offline Senior Member
    I love how they say they need "more scientific evidence" before they can say the Paleo diet "works" but yet they have been advocating the SAME CW DIET for years upon years now and the problem just continues to get worse! Isn't that the definition of insanity? Continuing to do something the same way expecting different results? The fact the grains and lowfat yogurt aren't working is proof enough to me that the Paleo diet DOES work. How can you argue with biology and evolution?

And I love how some obvious vegetarian girl posted a comment "meat rots in our stomachs...we can eat anything, our bodies aren't these delicate things." I wanted to say "well if they aren't these delicate things, why do you care about meat rotting your stomach or not?" GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    && It's not just about living well, it's about dying well.

Lynnsey is offline Member
    And the award for the "Facepalm Comment of the Day" goes to the author of this gem: "If Stone Age people were so healthy, why are they all dead now?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast