Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What should I eat on a party weekend. page

TerpsPwn_387 is offline Member

What should I eat on a party weekend.

Primal Fuel
    I know this may sound stupid.

I follow primal eating during the week but I usually allow myself one (sometimes 2 days a week) to go out to bars and have fun ( I want to enjoy my youth while I can). I have stopped getting 4 slices of pizza after these nights which definitely makes me feel a little better about the whole situation but I can still feel these nights hinder my results. (although slowly I am lowering my bf% and am now under 10.)

For whatever reason the universe or god or some higher power blessed me with friday, saturday, and sunday off this weekend and I was invited to hang out with 3 different groups of friends I have not seen in a while on consecutive days.

I know this is bad for me but I am still going to go out and enjoy myself. I was just wondering if I should change what/when/how much I eat friday to sunday.

BTW, Friday is a bar night, Saturday is an O's game then out in Baltimore, Sunday is a day graduation party (which I probly won't drink at).

trippplez is offline Member
    If you are under 10% BF you should be accustomed to the food regimens eating less for let's say, more than a day or two, or generally, you have to have better-than-average eating discipline/habits.

So, enjoy yourself on the weekend, then do some damage control: a couple of daily fasts or do some calorie restriction (for instance, the food for 2 days eaten in 4 days).

Generally, people pushing their limits (for example, really low BF percentage), learn by trial-and-error how to do "damage control" because we all live in the real world, the social events, treats, etc. are all around us, and we have to adapt. If we don't, we risk to be the foodie-freaks/outcasts that are not "kwel". It's infinitely better to act like in "I'm just that lean without any hard work at all..."
    Last edited by trippplez; 06-22-2011 at 02:54 AM.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Get a steak before you go out drinking, or a big burger with no bun. Life is about compromises, and hanging out with friends is a good enough reason to compromise your diet just a little bit. I'm looking at the same thing starting today, as my wife and I just got back from a short vacation for our anniversary. We had some really good food and some really terrible food, and I'm going to do some calorie restriction/ IF for a couple of days and get over it. I was not going to let my way of eating interfere with our enjoyment of the trip.

jackdeslava is offline Junior Member

wozz is offline Junior Member
    I've found that chicken fingers with fries or fish and chips are decent primal substitutes while at a bar. No bun to worry about and hopefully they use a non-hydrogenated oil to fry the stuff in. (I guess a salad would be best, but that never crosses my mind when I'm at a bar)

However, I wouldn't worry about it and just enjoy the weekend.

mikebike is offline Senior Member
    I've found that chicken fingers with fries or fish and chips are decent primal substitutes while at a bar.
    Lets be honest, this is in no way shape or form, primal food or substitutes. It's crap that's quick and tasty that goes well with beer.

gojirama is offline Senior Member
    Hot wings? That's what I always eat at pubs.
    I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
    Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
    "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

JoPaleo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebike View Post
    Lets be honest, this is in no way shape or form, primal food or substitutes. It's crap that's quick and tasty that goes well with beer.
    I agree with this as well.

When ever I go out for dinner, I have a steak or fish with veggies and I ask the server what they marinated the meats with. They usually put some form of sugar in the fish I find, so I almost always go for steak. I also ask the server what they cook the veggies with and it's usually butter with is fine by me.

As for alcohol, I don't drink that much even when I go out(it's been over a month actually). I find I don't need it to be social. I'll have water or tea. I actually don't want alcohol now. So maybe have 1 or 2 alcoholic beverage? For every alcoholic beverage drink a glass or two of water? Would that help?

Think of it this way, what's the point of going out with friends? Well, for me is to connect with them. Crap food and alcohol don't really enhance that experience. Well, for me anyway. Good Luck!

JP

JoPaleo is offline Senior Member
    Oh yeah, I also fast twice a week, that helps keep the body fat low. Do you fast?

TerpsPwn_387 is offline Member
    Yea I do 2 20 hour fasts a week. It is awesome because in the span of 3 days my 6 pack starts to show a lot more. Unfortunately this also causes me to get too skinny imo. I am 5'11 and weighed 150 pounds yesterday, about 10 pounds less than where I want to be. But that is another story.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast