Thread: Is this carb flu? page

kimann79 is offline Member

Is this carb flu?

Shop Now
    I'm on my third week with this diet. The first week I felt INCREDIBLE. I had so much energy, my moods stabilized, I had no cravings. This past week or so I have just crashed. I used to suffer from chronic fatigue but was able to eliminate most of my symptoms when I switched to a WAPF diet. Now it seems as though it has returned. I'm confused. I have no energy. I can't work out at all. I find myself having to take a nap everyday. My muscles feel so weak I have to make a conscious effort to do something as simple as open the car door. Is this normal and how long does it generally last?

Robynbee is offline Senior Member
    Totally normal! As for the length, it varies from person to person, from a few days to a few weeks. Just stick it out and you'll be very happy that you did.

Dear Kimann,

I had a similar experience at 4 weeks, muscle aches, really tired. Yours sound worse than mine.
    I started keeping track of the carbs i was eating and found it was under 20g per day. I added some sweet potatoes, more veggies, turnips, jicama or a handful a fruit everyday to get carbs up above 50 g and feel much better now than before PB.

Goldengrokette

pdovers is offline Senior Member
    If I do the really low carb thing (Atkins) I feel terrible and have no energy. I am sticking with 100 carbs max (mostly from fruit) per day. I have been working out and I feel great and I have already dropped a few pounds.

Freedish is offline Senior Member
    are you on any anti depressants? I was on zoloft a while back 25mg and i felt the same way. Got off the zoloft and its better.

kimann79 is offline Member
    No anti depressants. I'm glad to know this is normal. I've been trying to cut back on my fruit to one serving a day (I LOVE fruit) but maybe I should allow myself two?

TomM1026 is offline Junior Member
    This is definitely normal. And it was mentioned but you can either stay cold turkey and in a few days you should feel amazing, or you can add a little bit more carbohydrates like sweet potato or berries to get your energy up enough.
    My blog - FitandFree.net - Live Healthy. Be Awesome.