Thread: New guy intro page

jmallen5 is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

Hello, I've just joined and I'm looking forward to reading the book( it's on the way). I am a backsliding paleodieter. I am sitting hear at 38 years old and 330 lbs. I know how great this lifestyle can be, I'm hoping I can maintain it with the help of this forum. Previously I was introduced to this lifestyle from the book "Neanderthin" by Ray Audett. This seems similar, but much more interactive. Eight years ago I felt like a weirdo trying to follow the lifestyle and let it get me discouraged. I hope to reach a goal weight of 185lbs, so it's going to take a while. Nice to meet you all, Jason

Atomontage Guest

Welcome, Jason! The book is an excellent read and the community here at MDA that follows is an excellent resource of information and follow-up support. As of this morning, I'm down 58lbs (from 350, so I know where you're coming from) and I've never felt better in all my life. Good luck! Be seeing you in future posts!

Mark Sisson is offline Administrator

Welcome to the forum and the MDA community, Jason! It's great to have you. Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if you have any questions. Grok on!

jmallen5 is offline Junior Member

Thanks Eric and, Wow! a welcome from the man himself, wish I could say I loved the book, but it hasn't arrived yet. I'm on my second day and I'm shedding water like a ducks back! I'm on blood pressure meds that contain a diuretic, when I've been on this type of plan before I've had to cut back on the meds. Spent most of the day cramping up every time I moved. I'm not complaining, it just tells me that without the high carbs, I don't retain the water my body usually does. Looking forward to reading the book and working the plan.

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

PrimalCon New York

Welcome! This is a fantastic community. Stick aroud and post lots!

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid