Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Soap, Shampoo/Conditioner, Skin Lotion, Manly Primal Scents? Help Me Ladies page

B. Knight is offline Senior Member

Soap, Shampoo/Conditioner, Skin Lotion, Manly Primal Scents? Help Me Ladies

Shop Now
    Looking for advice from all you beautiful primal women. What does your man ideally smell like? Peppermint? Almond? Right now I use Old Spice, but the smell makes me nauseous. I know for a fact it can't be good for me, it's blue for Christ's sake. Same goes for my shampoo.

I gotta know girls, how do you want a MAN to smell?

Also, is this soap good? Any other suggestions?

Amazon.com: Glycerine Bar Soap - Unscented, 4 oz ( Multi-Pack): Health & Personal Care
    "You don't have forever to change yourself."
    Stefan Molyneux
    Freedomain Radio

"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
    Mark Twain

Grim is offline Member
    I've stopped using soap. Even after a long day of climbing where I'm nothing but dirt and sweat, no soap. Still gotta scrub though!

It's unbelievable how your body will adjust to not using chemicals. I've had people tell me I smell good, but I have yet to tell -anyone- that I no longer use body soap.

I'm not off shampoo, and it's possible I never will be. My hair is -far- to greasy to get away with 2-3 weeks of adjustment. I have to look presentable at work and I'd hate to see what would happen if I didn't wash my hair for a few weeks, haha.

What do you scrub with? Loofah? I've heard of using coarse sea salt.

The idea of not using soap weirds me out. I get pretty self-conscious about body odor, though mine isn't even noticeable as far as I know.
    Stefan Molyneux
    Freedomain Radio

Mark Twain

Balance is offline Senior Member
    I am a dude but I have converted from using a conventional soap to using Dr. Bronner's soap. The ingredients are minimal and I use the soap that does not have any fragrance or added chemicals. It is basically just coconut oil, olive oil and tea tree oils. I wash my face with water and I only use Dr. Bronners soap on my face if I get really sweaty or dirty. It doesn't dry out the skin like a normal soap does thats for sure.

As for deodorant I stopped using them 2 years ago. I just apply baking soda to the pits instead of an anti-perspirant. I am pretty active and the baking soda provides really good results. Plus I box of baking soda lasts me at least a year and is only 99 cents compared to a deodorant that costs about $3 bucks and lasted me for only a month.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Very cool, I will definitely check out Dr. Bronner's. Thanks much Balance. I don't really have any pit-sweat most of the time, so I mostly just use deodorant for the smell, but I'm trying to lay off the chemicals. Maybe I'll give baking soda a try on my day off, if it doesn't give me the result I want while I'm at work.
    Stefan Molyneux
    Freedomain Radio

Mark Twain

moonablaze is offline Senior Member
    sandalwood is the most manly smell in the world to me. (yes, I'm a girl) Maybe a little simple aftershave would give you the scent boost you're looking for.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    It depends on the guy. On my guy, I prefer either HIS smell or a smell akin to a vanilla "clean" with a hint of musk. In reality, that comes out to be one of the Axe scents (Dark Temptation) in soap and deodorant and Tresemme shampoo, his aftershave, if he uses it, is a Nivea after shave gel. I much prefer his smell, especially if I can smell that he's been outside.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

katiethepiano is offline Senior Member
    My husband and I both switched to Dr. Bronner's as our "soap." It makes you feel very clean, plus it smells amazing. My husband has dark, thick, curly hair and uses Dr. Bronner's as a shampoo. His curls have never looked better. I have to use shampoo - my hair is just too oily.

The peppermint Dr. Bronner's is amazing for summer. We live in Florida, with no air conditioning in our bathroom. We come out of the shower feeling nice and cool.

I agree with moonablaze that sandalwood is a most manly scent. My husband uses The Art of Shaving aftershave in sandalwood. It's an earthy, yet clean smell. It's not overwhelming and is very soothing on his face. Smells damn sexy too. :-)
    Visit my blog Primal Homeskillet. And eat it too.

wendyland is offline Senior Member
    I like him to smell like himself for the most part. I don't like most colognes. I do like the toms of maine mens deoderant. It has mountain in the name.

I also like Dr. Bonners, especially the almond scent. Some of the online vitamin places like iherb and lucky vitamins sell it for a way better price than whole paycheck.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    I'm also a dude, and we use Dr. Bronners soap. The unscented bar in the shower, and the peppermint liquid at all the sinks. We totally love the stuff.

As for my smell, i have been wearing farenheit cologne for forever. I have never met another person who wears it, and ever single woman i know (including my wife) thinks it smells amazing. 1 spray in the air is all it takes. Just so you have a hint of it on you

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast