Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Critique my lab results! page

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member

Critique my lab results!

Shop Now
    My lab results are in. I haven't gotten a cholesterol test in awhile, but my numbers are pretty radically different. Years ago, my total cholesterol was around a 186 with an HDL of 60 and an LDL I believe around 120. I've never gotten all these extensive tests done, though. I did the full battery. I'm scared to see what the bill will look like when it gets here, haha! I'd love to get everyone's input. With my trigs that low, I doubt my LDL's are accurate. I'm not sure what method the lab used to calculate my LDL, but I doubt it was the Iranian method as no one seems to use that.

Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 06-21-2011 at 09:57 AM.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

DFH
    DFH is offline Senior Member
    Looks good. HDL is up there, low trigs. Good Vit D and B.

You are doing something right.

I guess I'm still getting over the CW brainwashing of "under 200" total cholesterol. I'm guessing my LDL is much lower than calculated due to my nonexistent trigs, and according to Griff's cholesterol posts, my ratios are awesome. I feel my CRP is a little high. The day before that test, I hurt my shoulder benchpressing and it was all inflamed and sore, so I'm hoping that was effecting the reading and it was really a bit lower...
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

KestrelSF is offline Senior Member
    I now ask that they do a LDL particle size test. You want those big fluffy lipoproteins thingies, I hear.
    Apathy is tyranny's greatest ally.

MightyAl is offline Senior Member
    You want a VAP for particle size and a direct measurement of LDL. I am assuming if this is a conventional lipid profile then they did a calculation for LDL which with trigs so low will be not be accurate. Your ratios look good and that matters much more then TC. Looks good and don't worry I still have to sit back when I get my cholesterol tested. Last time it was 280.

I'm probably going to schedule a review with my doctor in a few weeks. I may order a VAP test, though my trigs seem to indicate it's the large fluffy stuff.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Looks brilliant!
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

xtianc is offline Junior Member

follow up with doctor

hello, i know it's a bit old, but I was wondering if you had a follow up visit with your doctor and a retest for your cholesterol

abstractpersona is offline Senior Member
    Saw here on the forums somewhere that taking a cholesterol test while fasting makes your LDL higher. Because since your body isn't busy digesting/absorbing food, your body has time to do "maintenance". Big fluffy LDL = maintenance. If you take the test after eating, it should be lower.

I may be wrong, but it made sense when I read it.

Nice labs! :-D
    My smartphone makes me about $100 per month
    Updating my journal again after a 2 year break.

amazingjay is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyAl View Post
    You want a VAP for particle size and a direct measurement of LDL. I am assuming if this is a conventional lipid profile then they did a calculation for LDL which with trigs so low will be not be accurate. Your ratios look good and that matters much more then TC. Looks good and don't worry I still have to sit back when I get my cholesterol tested. Last time it was 280.
    What does VAP stand for? Do you just tell your doctor, hey i need a Lipid Profile with a VAP?
    Expecto Patronum!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast