Thread: New to Primal, but... page

Duffin is offline Junior Member

Question New to Primal, but...

Primal Fuel
    I just discovered this site yesterday. I originally heard about the dangers of grains through the Fat Head documentary and even that guy didn't go into the detail what Mark does on this site. I have an issue, though. I know for a fact that despite the dangers and warnings, that I likely won't be able to keep up a 100% primal lifestyle. Heck, I probably couldn't manage 80%. It's too difficult and expensive for me to have to make most of my food from scratch and not use any processed foods. I also have terrible will power when it comes to food. I /love/ pasta, chips, sandwiches, and desserts. I see others people on the site who are able to, seemingly easily, handle being primal, but I don't honestly think I have it in me. But...is it enough that I try to lessen my intake of grains and increase my intake of fruits and veggies while still eating pre-packaged foods? I know Mark says that it's not a race, but i can't help but feel inferior if I can't manage anything other than paying attention to my grain intake and eating more vegetables...

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    If you have a can opener, a frying pan, a crockpot and a microwave, you can do a perfectly acceptable version of the Primal Blueprint. Doing it this way might not appease the "all organic, all grass-fed, no 'poo" crowd but you'll still be doing good things for your body!

Fry some bacon and eggs. Throw a beef roast in the crockpot (or buy a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store). Steam some veggies in the microwave. Open a can of tuna or salmon and have it with some pre-washed salad greens (purchased, again, from the grocery store) and away you go.

This doesn't have to be rocket science. Do your best and you will see positive things happening.
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals